What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Christmas picture book from the 90's

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheena (new)

Sheena Wells | 1 comments I've been trying to find this book I had as a kid with no luck. I don't remember much but it had stories and songs in it. Specifically there was a main story about two little kids a boy and a girl and their mom goes Christmas shopping I believe though she may have left for a different reason. I'm not sure what the plot was. And I remember it had we wish you a merry Christmas in it. The book itself was an over sized hardcover picture book, I think it had a green cover with a tree on it .. maybe? The illustration style was almost like michael marchenko but not quiet. It was very cute lots of little red noses and snow speckling. I remember having this book for years so mid 90s probably.

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1208 comments This has "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" in it along with many other stories and songs and the publication date is about right: Hark! A Christmas Sampler Illustrations are by Tomie dePaola

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1208 comments This book also has that song though, and the cover matches better: The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury The Family Read-Aloud Christmas Treasury by Alice Low Illustrations are by Marc Brown

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16882 comments Still looking, Sheena?