Books and Jams Readalong discussion

The Power - Dec 2018 > Who's Here?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Our final book of 2018 is here! I can't believe this group has been going for 2 full years. That's crazy!

I'd love to know if you'll be reading along this December. Give a shoutout and share your favorite Christmas treat or tradition. There's so much I love about the holiday season. I am a huge fan of cookie exchanges and just planned one today with some friends, so it's on my mind. A group of my girl friends from church are getting together to swap cookies, drink mulled wine/cider and cocoa. I cannot wait!

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 12 comments Hi Krista. I follow your you tube channel. I am going to be listening to The Power on overdrive. I love going to Christmas Eve service at church. My favorite tradition came when I was younger. We always put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. The children put up the Christmas balls and other ornaments. My mom and dad did the lights. We would get to open 2 presents on Christmas Eve and leave our big Santa presents until Christmas morning.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill (penwiper42) | 20 comments That sounds like fun. Cookies and carols are high on my list. And of course making marshmallows, which is newish to me but now I'll need to make a few batches this season . . .

Also, according to tradition, we can't start singing Christmas songs until December 1st. I've bypassed that one by claiming "practice" this November, though.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Kantor (kimkantor) | 92 comments I’m going to be reading along as well. I’ve heard some interesting things about this book.
We have a few traditions but one of my favorites is the kids (which now includes my 28 and 34 year old) get to open one gift Christmas Eve that Santa left as he was starting his rounds. He always brings pajamas and the surprising thing is they are always prewashed so no scratchiness! 😉. I’m sure that is Mrs Claus thinking in advance...she must know how my 4 (yes, four...no girls) grandsons ages 7, 3, 6 months and 4 months dislike stiff new clothes. Happy holidays to all of you!!🎄🎄

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth | 6 comments I'm planning to finally read this book! It has been on my shelf for quite awhile.
My favorite tradition is to attend Christmas Eve mass, eat a big dinner, and then wait for Santa on a firetruck. Our local volunteer fire company drives several trucks around the neighborhoods in our area to wish everyone a merry Christmas. The trucks are decked out with lights and they use the horn to let everyone know they are coming! The firefighters come out of the trucks and hand out candy canes and then the last truck has Santa riding on top. My boys, who are 9 and 12, love to wait in the driveway to see Santa. There is even a "Santa Tracker" on line for the event so you can see where Santa is in the area. Definitely my favorite tradition as a parent!

message 6: by Elsa (new)

Elsa I'll be joining in as well. My Christmas traditions are pretty standard. My kids started their Advent calendars a few days ago. I love taking part in the candlelight service at church.

I wonder how much longer my seven year-old will believe in Santa. He is full of questions, but I would like to keep that magic alive for him.

message 7: by Bokcamilla (new)

Bokcamilla | 8 comments I will joining for my first read in this group with this book.
I`m from Sweden and english is not my first language, so I hope you´ll can overcome my fault I done.

I like all candellighting that´s are around christmas time, in Sweden we have a candelholder with four candel and we light one up for evrey sunday ahead to Christmas. This year at
1th december we light one candel, this sunday we was light two candels and next sunday we light up three candels and on 23d december all four candels is burning.