Pleasant Valley Library Online Book Group discussion

The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Book of the Month > December Book - The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 300 comments Mod
Share your thoughts on The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton here!

Evelyn Hardcastle will be murdered at 11:00 p.m.
There are eight days, and eight witnesses for you to inhabit.
We will only let you escape once you tell us the name of the killer.
Understood? Then let's begin...

Evelyn Hardcastle will die. Every day until Aiden Bishop can identify her killer and break the cycle. But every time the day begins again, Aiden wakes up in the body of a different guest. And some of his hosts are more helpful than others...

The most inventive debut of the year twists together a mystery of such unexpected creativity it will leave readers guessing until the very last page.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 300 comments Mod
I've started this book and so far I like it! You get thrown right into the middle of the story in a dramatic way. I'm still pretty confused about some things, but I will definitely keep reading. The writing style is like a classic mystery novel, which I really like.

message 3: by PugMom (new) - added it

PugMom (nicoleg76) | 190 comments I stayed up way past my bedtime reading this book. It was so long. Maybe the author could have gotten his point across with only 5 1/2 deaths??? LOL Just seemed long winded at times but I did appreciate the author ‘s writing. I was a bit confused at times but it was my own fault since I put this book down to read other things throughout the month. The ending blew my mind. No way would I have figured out what was really going on.