Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Run, Fool, Run
This topic is about Run, Fool, Run
Book Issues > Incorrect first published (copyright) date

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Nelson | 11 comments Apparently, the first entry of this title into Goodreads was from a large print edition published in 1995. However, this book was first published by E.P. Dutton & Co, and copyright by the author (Frank Gruber) in 1966. I read it in a Detective Book Club 3-in-1 volume published in December 1966. Can the First Publication date be revised to the correct date?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24742 comments Done. WorldCat agrees.

Separated the 3 in 1 as it shouldn't have been combined in the first place, and added the other authors & titles.

message 3: by Russell (new)

Russell Nelson | 11 comments I'm very sorry to learn that Goodreads considers a volume to be a book. I have a collection of volumes with more than one novel, and find it undesirable to have each listed as a single object. I guess for 2019 and later I will have to find a recording platform that fits my needs better. But the problems I have had with Goodreads in 2018 had me looking already, so no huge loss.

Sandra wrote: "Done. WorldCat agrees.

Separated the 3 in 1 as it shouldn't have been combined in the first place, and added the other authors & titles."