Booked2021: A Litsy Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

2019 April - June Prompts > 11. Social Media Focus

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 296 comments Mod
Questions? Suggestions? Resources? Please share!

message 2: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthag503) Does this mean a book that has been featured on social media site like Litsy or GoodReads?

Martha wrote: "Does this mean a book that has been featured on social media site like Litsy or GoodReads?"

Not exactly. It’s meant to be about novels where social media is an integral part of the plot. Or nonfiction that includes the topic of social media.

Martha wrote: "Does this mean a book that has been featured on social media site like Litsy or GoodReads?"

We had some conversation on Litsy about it here:
http://litsy.com/p/VTFOb2tlRDVI

message 5: by Reagen (new)

Reagen | 2 comments I've had this on my shelf at home for a while. This'll be a great reason to actually crack it open!

Saving Bletchley Park: How #socialmedia Saved the Home of the WWII Codebreakers

message 6: by Kathrin (new)

Kathrin | 7 comments I think, I will read “Kiss Me First” by Lottie Moggach for this.

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) | 52 comments I'm probably going with #Murdertrending for this one.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Moore (kamoorephoto) | 12 comments Margie (Bookzombie) wrote: "I'm probably going with #Murdertrending for this one."

Me too!

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) | 52 comments Katherine wrote: "Margie (Bookzombie) wrote: "I'm probably going with #Murdertrending for this one."

Me too!"

I read Ten by her last year and enjoyed it. It was a retelling of And Then There Were None.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara_b) | 13 comments I am thinking of Mrs. Fletcher

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthag503) I'm jumping the months to state Rising Out of Hatred: The Awakening of a Former White Nationalist is my choice for this category. Much of the book includes college web forums, transformative conversations over text messages and e-mail, not to mention the place the internet has played in spreading white nationalism.

message 12: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (thedaysgoby) | 3 comments I'm looking at Friend Request by Laura Marshall. There's a mention of Facebook in the summary, but I'm not sure how focused the novel will actually be on social media so I'm not sure if it'll meet the prompt or not.

message 13: by Jacquelyne (new)

Jacquelyne | 7 comments My daughter recommended A Sucky Love Story: Overcoming Unhappily Ever After to me, and I think I may give it a go for this topic.

message 14: by Minette (new)

Minette Watkins (gradcat) | 6 comments American Girls: Social Media and the Secret Lives of Teenagers
I’m reading this book by Nancy Jo Sales—those of you who like nonfiction may be interested in this one.
@gradcat