Booked2022: A Litsy Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

2019 January - March Prompts > 2. Fairy Tale Retelling

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 326 comments Mod
Questions? Suggestions? Resources? Please share!

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara_b) | 13 comments I have heard that The Changeling is a retelling of a fairy tale, and I think I'm going to read that one!

Jenny wrote: "I'm a member of Play Book Tag on here where we vote to read a book that fits a tag each month, and I create shelves for the tags to see what I have to choose from. I'm going to post a couple of my ..."

Awesome, thanks Jenny!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly72401) I am doing The Starlit Wood: New Fairy Tales for this one! Seems like it's a few retellings in one book.

message 10: by Nastassja (new)

Nastassja Power (nastassja02) | 6 comments I’m new to the whole book challenge so I’m wondering for the fairytale book that I’m picking if I could read Fairest of All A take of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino?

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jpetersonreads) | 6 comments I was just sent Girls Made of Snow and Glass which is perfect for this prompt!

For those looking for something short, I highly suggest Six-Gun Snow White. I read it a few years ago, and absolutely loved it.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (tnbooklover) I’m either going to use A Court of Thorns and Roses or Heartless. Both are books that have unread on my shelf for too long.

message 13: by Eleni (new)

Eleni K (elenikara) | 4 comments I am probably going to do Fierce Fairytales: Poems and Stories to Stir Your Soul if that counts?

message 14: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (ukyprincesskelli) Oh I like this one!!!

Either:

Uprooted or Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik.

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Laidman | 6 comments Kelli wrote: "Oh I like this one!!!

Either:

Uprooted or Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik."

I'm thinking Spinning Silver too.. but now that I saw Geekerella above.. maybe I'll go that route for something shorter.

message 16: by Margie (Bookzombie) (last edited Jan 01, 2019 04:33PM) (new)

Nastassja wrote: "I’m new to the whole book challenge so I’m wondering for the fairytale book that I’m picking if I could read Fairest of All A take of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino?"

Yes, that sounds like what we were getting at with this prompt. Have fun!

message 18: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (ukyprincesskelli) I totally changed my pick for this one!

I decided to go with “Cinder” by Marissa Meyer. It’s been sitting on my shelf for far too long and needs to be read! 🤗

message 19: by Marni (new)

Marni (literaturenut) | 0 comments I'm super excited about this prompt as I get to read a book I picked up at Powell's when I was on vacation two years ago! Ash by Malinda Lo was one of their employee recommendations and it's been on my TBR long enough.

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 24 comments I read The Bear and the Nightingale for this one.