Booked2022: A Litsy Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

2019 General Topics > Who’s Back for 2019

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 329 comments Mod
Is this your first year or second?
Which prompt interests you the most? The least?
Any questions?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bookwrm526) | 29 comments This is my second year (I haven’t quite finished the first year, but I’m close!!). Can’t wait to see what we can get up to :)

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthag503) This is my second year. I love the prompts! I've only done a quick search and one I'm excited about is Public Domain (I want to use Librivox more). Public Domain is not a prompt I've seen on a challenge before.

message 4: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (sprainedbrain) | 2 comments I’m back! Really excited about the prompts for this year. And I’m almost done with 2018. :)

message 5: by Cindy H. (new)

Cindy H. | 35 comments Mod
welcome back Jenni, Martha & Jessica! so glad you're all on board for year two! Last year I was dreading the cozy (and I was right ) and this year it might be Public Domain (I'm not a fan of the classics) No matter, im still super excited to be #Booked :)

Helen | readwithneleh (nelehelen) | 7 comments I’m back as well! Two more to go for 2018... wooot woooot! Can’t wait to plan for 2019.

message 7: by Maja (new)

Maja (maich) | 66 comments My first booked challenge. Hope I read all of them. The first one is very interesting and I'm so excited. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome back Helen! And welcome Maja!

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 12 comments I'm in

Jenny wrote: "I'm in"

Fabulous, Jenny!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (gratefulamyg) | 16 comments I’m back. 2018 was so fun. I’m back for more.

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kemper | 6 comments I’m back! I only completed one challenge this year, but I’m hoping to stick with it all year next year! The prompts are great; I can’t wait to plan my TBR!

message 13: by Marni (new)

Marni (literaturenut) | 0 comments I'm back. I won't finish all of 2018, but considering I didn't really get started until May, I'm happy with what I did get done. I'm most excited about the Muslim author or MC prompt and the Indigenous Author. I'm least excited about the Social Media Focus prompt.

Marni wrote: "I'm back. I won't finish all of 2018, but considering I didn't really get started until May, I'm happy with what I did get done. I'm most excited about the Muslim author or MC prompt and the Indige..."

Keeping it real, Marni. Those "least excited" prompts snag a lot of us during the year.

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbara_b) | 13 comments I’m back and excited for 2019! Most difficult will be the paranormal poc, I think. Fortunately I can postpone what to read for that prompt for a long time!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

:D it’s my first year for this challenge. I’m most excited for The Female Detective as im not much of a detective reader. I’m thinking of picking up Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries though to fill the prompt. I’ve loved the show and I’ve been meaning to check out the books. Have any of y’all read other female detective stories?

Emma wrote: ":D it’s my first year for this challenge. I’m most excited for The Female Detective as im not much of a detective reader. I’m thinking of picking up Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries though to fill th..."

Hi Emma! Welcome to the challenge. It should be a fun year!

Here's a link to the topic about the female detective prompt. There are lots of suggestions posted there, although Miss Fisher is great one also.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 18: by Tara (new)

Tara (tjwill) | 14 comments I’m joining the challenge again for 2019. I didn’t finish all of them this year, but I did finish a couple of the seasons. I love the prompts, and I’m already planning my winter reads!

message 19: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (ukyprincesskelli) Enjoying the prompts but not yet sure what I’ll be picking! I’m still trying to finish my Goodreads book goal for 2018. 😳

Oh and I’m a newbie! 👋🏻

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateunabridged) | 3 comments I'm back again for this year, didn't keep up so much last year, but i like the prompts

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) | 52 comments I'm back again. I finished my last two prompts for 2018 on New Year's Eve. I think I am most excited for Fairytale Retelling, Cli-Fi, and Indigenous Author. I think I might read outside of the seasons this year, but I'm not sure. :)

Sheryl_at_Ubookquitous (ubookquitous) | 2 comments technically, I'm back, but I didn't participate in the end last year... so I'm on board for this year!

message 23: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valkyrieandherbooks) | 2 comments I’m back . Totally didn’t finish 2018, but I’m leaving that behind and am totally jazzed for this year’s challenge! I’m particularly interested in the female detective and fairy tale retelling prompts, those are right up my alley! And I’m kinda dreading the public domain and book about addiction prompts, classics are difficult for me, though I try to read at least one a year, and I never do well with addiction stories.

message 24: by willaful (new)

willaful | 7 comments Hi, this is my first time trying this challenge.

Are we supposed to be reading seasonally? Finish the Winter prompts before Spring, and so on?

message 25: by Nastassja (new)

Nastassja Power (nastassja02) | 6 comments This is my first year here. I'm doing several challenges this year and first time w/them as well.

message 26: by Anne ✨ (last edited Nov 29, 2019 07:53PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) Curious if this group will update to #Booked2020 with the new prompts now that they're released on Litsy?

Anne - I will update to 2020 soon! Been busy with Thanksgiving and other holiday stuff recently.