Doctor Who: The Library of Carsus discussion

The Greatest Show Discussion > It Takes You Away -- SPOILERS POSSIBLE!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments The penultimate episode of the season! I can't wait! I'm dying here! If I weren't preoccupied with helping a friend edit a paper he's written for a class I'd being going NUTS!

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments Loved it! (view spoiler)

Only one episode left! I'm so upset! I want MORE!

message 3: by Lori S. (new)

Lori S. (fuzzipueo) | 600 comments Mod
A well done episode. I fell asleep toward the end, so I'll have to rewatch it, but I liked what I did see.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 181 comments I love how the actors playing the parents Erik and Trine are real Norwegians. I thought Henne was also because of the thick accent she was using, but she's from the UK only 18 really blind I thought so due to how her eyes look. She is also a singer didn't know that.

I thought it was clever that when we first see Erik in the mirror world his Slayer t-shirt is written mirror backwards, then it is the correct way when he is back in the proper universe.

message 5: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian wrote: "... I thought it was clever that when we first see Erik in the mirror world his Slayer t-shirt is written mirror backwards, then it is the correct way when he is back in the proper universe."

I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure as I was paying attention to other things. At least it registered subliminally. ;)

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 181 comments Rick wrote: "CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian wrote: "... I thought it was clever that when we first see Erik in the mirror world his Slayer t-shirt is written mirror backwards, then it is the correct way when he is ..."

I would have been slightly disappointed if they had missed doing something like that. One of the next times I watch the episode I should try to look for other "mirrored" things. Maybe somebody's watch is on the other wrist or a strap is slug the other way. It is fun when the production team thinks to do things like that, or perhaps to flip the scenes in post production so they don't have to physically make subtle changes to wardrobe, sets and props.

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1421 comments Decent episode.
Starts with a nice creepy vibe and then got weird and trippy and cosmic.

And I don't care if it isn't stated in the script, but the smelly alien was an Androgum and the sentient universe is obviously linked to the other cosmic beings from the dawn of the universe, like the Toymaker and the Great Intelligence.

and any episode that has a 'Graham and Ryan talk about their feelings' moment, is a good one.

I do miss the classic monsters, but I do like how this season is creating its own aliens and shows us a corner of the universe we haven't seen before.

message 8: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 1421 comments And while I really like Jodi, I'm pretty sure there is an alternate reality where Bradly Walsh was cast as the Doctor and Jodi is his companion that tries to get him to stop offering sandwiches to everyone.

and they found a way to take the frog with them as their new companion.

message 9: by Kitty-Lydia (new)

Kitty-Lydia Dye | 26 comments CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian wrote: "Rick wrote: "CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian wrote: "... I thought it was clever that when we first see Erik in the mirror world his Slayer t-shirt is written mirror backwards, then it is the correct wa..."

I didn't even notice this! (Although I do tend to knit while watching the episodes)

It was an interesting episode, loved the Graham and Ryan bits (and the sandwich scene made me laugh, I'm hoping Graham cracks out a lunchbox and first aid kit next series), as well as the sentient universe appearing as a frog, and Grace's return. Although I was sitting there thinking for a while that perhaps Henne's father might have been an alien that was popping back and forth from its planet to care for her.

message 10: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments Travis wrote: "... and the sentient universe is obviously linked to the other cosmic beings from the dawn of the universe, like the Toymaker and the Great Intelligence. ..."

Agreed. :D

message 11: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments Travis wrote: "... I do miss the classic monsters, but I do like how this season is creating its own aliens and shows us a corner of the universe we haven't seen before."

AGREED! :D

message 12: by Rick (new)

Rick | 1307 comments Travis wrote: "And while I really like Jodi, I'm pretty sure there is an alternate reality where Bradly Walsh was cast as the Doctor and Jodi is his companion that tries to get him to stop offering sandwiches to everyone.

and they found a way to take the frog with them as their new companion."

LOL! I'd watch it! For sure! :D