One Word After Another Book Club discussion

Book of the Month > Illuminae First Impressions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments I just finished the first Chapter and this book is interesting in how it is composed. The book seems to be a bunch of fictional documents that tell a story in parts through interview transcripts, emails, etc... It starts off with a bang, but I'm not sure if I like the format yet.

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Schoch (lydiaschoch) | 26 comments I'm still waiting on my copy. Hope it arrives soon. What don't you like about the format, if you can share without giving away spoilers?

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (Wyse) Schoch (tammyschoch) | 38 comments I’m enjoying it. It’s funny how all the swearing is blanked out.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments I'm just not sure if I like the format because it seems like the story could jump around quite a bit. It could end up being a bunch of short stories with many different characters that you never really get invested in. I'm still only a few pages in, so we'll see how it goes. I'm enjoying it so far.

I also found it amusing how they redacted certain words.

There are 3 books in this series. If we all agree that it is good then we might finish out the series. I'll post the question later once we've had a chance to mostly read it. The sequels should be stand alone books if they are molded from this same format.