Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > February 2019 - Series

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
This topic is for the series suggestions. Each person can suggest one book for this category. If you suggest more than one book only your first suggestion will count. Authors can't suggest their own book. Any book that was suggested by its author will not be counted.

To suggest a book please put the title and the author. And remember the book must be be YA! New Adult and Adult books will not be accepted.

Also a little reminder to everyone. This is not where you vote. This is where you make suggestions for the poll. Suggestions will close December 9th!

Don't forget to suggest something for the Stand Alone suggestion and Theme suggestion.

The suggestions also can't be something we've already read and they have to be young adult because we are a young adult group! To see what we've read and haven't read go to the books we've read topic. If you are new I strongly suggest this!

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Dec 09, 2018 01:06PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
The Suggestions
The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black The Wicked King by Holly Black
The Jewel (The Lone City, #1) by Amy Ewing The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu Wildcard by Marie Lu
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Frostblood by Elly Blake
My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand
Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
Anomaly (Schrodinger's Consortium, #1) by Tonya Kuper Anomaly by Tonya Kuper
The Darkest Legacy (The Darkest Minds, #4) by Alexandra Bracken The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken

message 3: by Anum (last edited Dec 02, 2018 11:52AM) (new)

Anum | 43 comments Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J Maas

message 4: by Keri (new)

message 5: by Jasmine (last edited Dec 02, 2018 12:53PM) (new)

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 149 comments Since it came in second to the book that won the January poll for series continuation, I suggest Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu Wildcard by Marie Liu.

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 149 comments Since it came in second to the book that won the January poll for series continuation, I suggest Wildcard (Warcross, #2) by Marie Lu Wildcard by Marie Liu.

message 8: by Maraya21 (new)

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 89 comments Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Frostblood (Frostblood Saga #1) by Elly Blake

message 9: by Louie (new)

Louie | 370 comments My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Cummings | 49 comments Has this group read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor? I know we read Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares. I just finished it and am hoping for a crossover to the Strange the Dreamer series. Might be fun to discuss. So if we haven't i nominate Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

message 11: by Kimmy (new)

Kimmy Lola (KimmyLola) | 10 comments Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate

message 12: by gwen (new)

gwen (gwentg) | 719 comments Maraya21 wrote: "Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Frostblood (Frostblood Saga #1) by Elly Blake"

I second Frostblood.

message 13: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 13 comments Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Can I nominate Skyward by Brandon Sanderson please. Apparently its going to be a series.

message 14: by Kim (new)

Kim Kaso | 149 comments Heather, the group read Daughter of Smoke and Bone very early on, February 2012, & its sequel in November of same year. For those who are interested in what books group has read in past, there is a folder Books of the Month, & within it is Books We’ve Read which lists all the books the group has read from the beginning. Odds are if it is an older popular series, the group has read at least some if not all of the series, but it is easy enough to check.

message 15: by Misty (new)

message 16: by Bridgett (new)

Bridgett Murphy | 137 comments Time Shifters by Shanna Lauffey Time Shifters by Shanna Lauffey

message 17: by Terri (last edited Dec 07, 2018 11:25PM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.