Addicted to YA discussion

The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about The Winner's Kiss
Series > The Winner's Kiss

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
This discussion will be lead by Heather. The discussion leader will be here to help keep the conversation going. Look out for comments and questions the discussion leader might make and respond back to them!

Heather Cummings | 49 comments I have been waiting a very long time for this book to be a BotM in this group.

1. What did you think of this book?
2. How do you think it compared to the rest of the trilogy?
3. What was your favorite moment(s)?
4. Favorite characters?

Heather Cummings | 49 comments I read this book 2 years ago and it has stayed with me. This was the review i wrote then:

I am so glad I kept with this series! I absolutely loved this final book. The first 2 books were interesting but didn't intoxicate me the way that this one did. I really liked the evolution of the characters and of course Roshar added a much needed light-hearted, humorous twist on things.

message 4: by Kaleigh (last edited Dec 22, 2018 02:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kaleigh (kaleighwilliams) 1. What did you think of this book?

Winner's Kiss was an entertaining read, and I'm always a sucker for a romance storyline worked into a fantasy or sci-fi story. I think I prefer the romance to be a subplot, though. In this book it felt like the war and battle scenes took a backseat, and were almost like an afterthought? I found myself almost skimming through these scenes. Also, I found the drug that took away Kestrel's memory to be a little far-fetched at certain points. It seemed as though the drug conveniently took away her memories of Arin for dramatic effect, while leaving a bunch of random details about her life that she easily remembered.

2. How do you think it compared to the rest of the trilogy?

It's been a little while since I've read the first two, but I think the first book was my favorite, overall. I get frustrated with plotlines with miscommunications that could be cleared up simply. (i.e. when Kestrel insults Arin to try and get him to leave and to keep him safe.)

3. What was your favorite moment(s)?

Weirdly enough, I'd say the "pirate" scene on the boat, or the scene when Kestrel pretends to be a scout.

4. Favorite characters?

I agree about Roshar. To be honest, I found him to be the most compelling character in Winner's Kiss and I would have preferred to read a book from his viewpoint. I like that he's an LGTBQ character and I would have liked to hear more about him.

All in all, I'd say it's a solid 3/5 for me. It's well-written and interesting, it just didn't resonate with me as much as I would have liked.

Alice I finished Winner's Kiss tonight. I was just okay for me. It has been over 2 years since I read the other books so I didn't remember the plot very well. I like the attention to detail in work camp, effects of drugs and then withdrawl process. I thought it was well Written. Arin is very loyal and I liked him. LIked the horse too. Battle scenes were too long, but I do not like battle scenes in books or movies. Overall a good series