Addicted to YA discussion

The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
This topic is about The Copper Gauntlet
Series > The Copper Gauntlet

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4618 comments Mod
This discussion doesn't have a discussion leader.

What did you think of this book? Who was your favorite character? What was your favorite scene?

Heather Cummings | 48 comments So many twists and turns in this book. I really enjoy the main character and look forward to seeing where all this leads.

message 3: by Cora (new)

Cora Foerstner (CoraFoerstner) | 55 comments I haven't read the first book. Should I go back and pick that up before reading Copper Gauntlet?

Heather Cummings | 48 comments yes or it might be hard to understand the character histories and what the are going through.

message 5: by Cora (new)

Cora Foerstner (CoraFoerstner) | 55 comments Heather wrote: "yes or it might be hard to understand the character histories and what the are going through."

Thanks, Heather. I'll try to read fast so I can catch up!

Kaleigh (kaleighwilliams) | 8 comments I just finished The Copper Gauntlet.

I liked this book better than the first, but they’re both enjoyable reads. This book got a bit darker, and I like the dynamic and tension between the trio of friends.

I think my favorite character was Jasper. I like characters that act in surprising ways, and it was fun to see him help the rest of the group on their mission (still retaining his snark and status as a jerk, of course).

My favorite scene was at the tomb. I thought it was fairly dark for a middle grade type novel but it was interesting. I also liked the twist about what Call can do with magic. (Not sure if this thread is okay for spoilers so I won’t elaborate just in case!)

Now I have to get my hands on the next books so I can see what happens. Holly Black and Cassandra Clare are a couple of my favorite authors and I love that they collaborated on a series!

message 7: by Mia (new) - added it

Mia (musical_books) | 35 comments I started reading this book with every intention to join in with the discussion this month (because I never do) but then I got distracted by Cassandra Clare's beautiful writing and ended up continuing the Shadowhunters series!

I've only got four books left so maybe I'll be able to join in next month, for the Queen of Air and Darkness reading.

Back to the Copper Gauntlet; does anyone think I should push through and read it? I read the Iron Trial last month and really liked it, but now I've put the Copper Gauntlet down I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again. Should I?

Kaleigh (kaleighwilliams) | 8 comments Mia wrote: "I started reading this book with every intention to join in with the discussion this month (because I never do) but then I got distracted by Cassandra Clare's beautiful writing and ended up continu..."

I've read the first three books in the series now, and I think the Copper Gauntlet is my favorite so far. I like the idea of the characters leaving the school setting and going on a little adventure on their own. I also liked the fact that Jasper is included, and becomes a reluctant accomplice on their mission.

I would say it's worth reading if you like the characters and the storyline, but if you're really not crazy about it and you like the overall premise of the series, you could skip to book 3 (The Bronze Key) without being super lost or confused.

I love the Shadowhunters series, so I can totally understand getting wrapped up in those! I'm so excited to read Queen of Air and Darkness!

tappkalina | 4 comments Hi! I just started reading this, but I don't understand something. In the first book Jasper said Joseph was Jericho's Master but now Call's father says both of them (J+C) were in Rufus's team.