#AYEARATHON discussion

December2018-BooksUnder 300Pages > Day 1 of Reading!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2033 comments Mod
How is your first day of reading going?

Did you start early?

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 233 comments ke-sha wrote: "How is your first day of reading going?

Did you start early?"

Eh... the first day is tomorrow right? (although today I had a good reading day for a change)

message 3: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2033 comments Mod
Susy wrote: "ke-sha wrote: "How is your first day of reading going?

Did you start early?"

Eh... the first day is tomorrow right? (although today I had a good reading day for a change)"

Yes, Tomorrow is the first day.
But A yay on a good day of reading. Whenever I can get one of those these days I enjoy it as much as possible Lol

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 233 comments Hope today will be a good day as well (well, after work that is).

message 5: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments Oops, it is already the 1st Monday of the month and I totally forgot to make a tbr for this month theme. But the book I read this morning is a perfect fit.
Nya hyss av Emil i Lönneberga (Emil i Lönneberga, #2) by Astrid Lindgren Nya hyss av Emil i Lönneberga

Read 127 pages

message 6: by Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (last edited Dec 03, 2018 11:05PM) (new)

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) I read 28 pages of The Second Mango (172 pages) although I was already on page 63 at the beginning of the day. I'm not sure that I will start and finish more than one book for this month. It's good that the challenge theme this month is 'under 300 pages' xD

message 7: by Pachy (new)

Pachy Pedia (pachypedia) Hi guys! Today I started and finish Saga V. 7, and now I'm 50 pages through Every heart a doorway, that's a good beginning!

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 233 comments Susy wrote: "Hope today will be a good day as well (well, after work that is)."

Unfortunately no... Spent most of my evening commenting on posts on GR.... Read a mere 33 pages :(
Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Want to finish The Perks of Being a Wallflower

message 9: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments I finished Love Her Will by Atticus and a Graphic Novel called Crystal Fighters. I gave Love Her Wild 2.5 stars and Crystal Fighters a 4.5 stars

Tomorrow I have doctor’s appointments galore and I’m working from home since I’m sick so hopefully I’ll have some time to read as well

message 10: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 411 comments I finished The Chaos of Now
I'm packed up heading to the library now to pick up the books I was planning to read.
might have a peek on the new releases to see if anything else take my fancy.
I'm still in the middle of How Doctors Think so will count that too since I only read about 70 pages before our readathon began

message 11: by Paget (new)

Paget | 118 comments I had a very good reading day. I finished Nya hyss av Emil i Lönneberga before breakfast and in the evening I read A Christmas Card

message 12: by Maija (last edited Dec 04, 2018 02:20AM) (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments I didn't start a book from my TBR yet, but I did finish Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells that I had started last week. It was under 300 pages, so I believe it counts. It's the third book in this great science fiction novella series with such a likable main character: an antisocial, introvert Security Unit android that calls itself Murderbot. 4 stars.

Finished:
Rogue Protocol (The Murderbot Diaries, #3) by Martha Wells

message 13: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments I have a problem: I'm not connecting to the things I had picked for this round... the ones I thought would be easy reads. The one I did connected (and does fit the theme), is a slower read for me because it is nonfiction. And the book I did connect - and am reading - doesn't fit the theme at all!

Anyway, I had the first 10% of War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard and the first 5% of The Woman Who Would Be King Hatshepsut's Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt by Kara Cooney .