Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Afterworlds (Afterworlds #1)
This topic is about Afterworlds
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Afterworlds [Feb 8, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Afterworlds - Scott Westerfeld.
February 8th.

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Just started and I'm already hooked! I'm up to chapter 6 and (view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 12
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 19
(view spoiler)

message 5: by Angela Jr. (last edited Feb 10, 2019 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Chapter 32
(view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16629 comments I'm still planning to get to this... later this week, I think...

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Finished today.
(view spoiler)

Angela Jr. | 995 comments Timelord Iain (Eeyawn) wrote: "I'm still planning to get to this... later this week, I think..."

You should, it's a good one :)

Timelord Iain | 16629 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Just started and I'm already hooked! I'm up to chapter 6 and [spoilers removed]"

Agreed...started last night & 2/3s done already... (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16629 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Chapter 12
the novel part is super intriguing. I can't get enough of it!
The real life part is starting to get more interesting now, but still just okay. I'm hoping that part picks up soon..."

Yea... (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16629 comments Angela Jr. wrote: "Chapter 19
i was momentarily confused why we were suddenly reading about a high school student named ariel... Until i realised that this was imogen's book! I hope we get to read more of it - sounds..."

The sad part is that we can't get all these great book ideas as real books... (view spoiler)

message 12: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments I'm gonna try and pick this one up tonight or tomorrow night and read it slowly alongside my other reads. I have pretty high hopes since I've really enjoyed some of his other books.

Timelord Iain | 16629 comments We enjoyed it... I finished last night... agree with Angela that there are some weaker parts, but my books have been so lackluster this month, that I'm tempted to bump it up to a weak 5 stars, anyway...

I wish there was a sequel, as well... the online consensus is that it should be called Untitled Patel

Angela Jr. | 995 comments the online consensus is that it should be called Untitled Patel

Hahaha that would be cool!

message 15: by Charlie (new) - added it

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments 2 chapters in and wow, what a freaking great start! (view spoiler)