Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > First Law Schedule

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:56AM) (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4606 comments Mod
The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2) by Joe Abercrombie Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3) by Joe Abercrombie Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4) by Joe Abercrombie The Heroes (First Law World, #5) by Joe Abercrombie Red Country (First Law World, #6) by Joe Abercrombie A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie

04/05 The Blade Itself
05/05 Before They Are Hanged
06/05 Last Argument of Kings
07/05 Best Served Cold
08/05 The Heroes
09/05 Red Country
10/05 A Little Hatred

Note: Sharp Ends will be fit into the schedule at a later date. Please let us know in the Mods Please Add This discussion when the schedule is decided.

Note 2: There are a lot of previous reads of the series that have been archived. Please refer to the archive list to find old discussions.
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Note 3: I know A Little Hatred could also be put in the 2019 New Releases folder, but it makes more sense to put it with all the other books in the series. Let me know if you would like this changed.

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Keep ongoing series together IMO. I like keeping it here.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Scott wrote: "Keep ongoing series together IMO. I like keeping it here."

That's what I thought too.

message 4: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7211 comments Mod
I prefer keeping it in the folder too if it has one. I think the confusion with the Expanse book was because I had just archived the series from a couple months after the group had finished it (UTD), so there was no longer a folder to speak of.

I still list it in the new release list, I just say (in series folder).

message 5: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Keeping them together is more intuitive

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "I still list it in the new release list, I just say (in series folder). "

Good plan. Do we have a new release list for 2019 that I am not seeing? Then I will mention this book there.

message 7: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

I can set one up and manage it if there isn't one since you already do so much set up and organizing, Niki.

message 8: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Just plunk it into the 2018 new releases comments. I have a list for 2019 at the end of that one and I'm just going to rename the topic haha.

And you are too kind - I think I should be able to keep up on it. I feel like I haven't done shit for the group in a couple months...

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

... actually someone already set up a folder (good call), so yes we probably need a new list. Lmk if you just want me to transfer my template over. :)

message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Niki Hawkes wrote: "Just plunk it into the 2018 new releases comments. I have a list for 2019 at the end of that one and I'm just going to rename the topic haha.

And you are too kind - I think I should be able to ke..."

Okay, I left a comment there with the details. :)

message 11: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Oh, I was checking this out since I've yet to read the standalones...

Anyway - you Mods are all great! Every single one of you! I wonder how many discussions like this (about the organization of the group) I'm not seeing so... Thank you guys! You're the best! :D

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

You’re so sweet Virginie <3 I appreciate everything you do for the group as well!

message 13: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Virginie wrote: "Oh, I was checking this out since I've yet to read the standalones...

Anyway - you Mods are all great! Every single one of you! I wonder how many discussions like this (about the organization of t..."

Awe, thanks Virginie ^_^ and like Niki said, don't think we don't recognize everything you do as well! <3

message 14: by Virginie (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Hehe :D
I don't think I do much apart from spreadsheet craziness (but that's my idea of fun so...) but I'll take the love anyway :p