Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Similar names...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James | 2 comments Hi. I'm a Goodreads author. My two books (The First of Nine: The Case of the Clementhorpe Killer and Rear Garden, or The Cat Who Knew Too Much) are now attributed to JM Barrie, author of Peter Pan.

Can someone fix this so that my books are attributed to me (James Barrie).

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Books moved to your page and combined. I'm merging the empty editions; they will be deleted soon.

message 3: by James (new)

James | 2 comments Wow. Thanks so much for this. It was very frustrating.

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:34AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments You're welcome. Automatically imported books go to the default author profile. As you have the 2-space profile (James^^Barrie) to differentiate, the books will have to be moved, which is easy, but does require a librarian. The only way around it is for you to add the editions with ISBN/ASIN before they arrive, as the system won't let the numbers be added twice.

message 5: by James (new)

James | 2 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Books moved to your page and combined. I'm merging the empty editions; they will be deleted soon."

Abcdarian wrote: "Books moved to your page and combined. I'm merging the empty editions; they will be deleted soon."

James wrote: "Wow. Thanks so much for this. It was very frustrating."

Abcdarian wrote: "Books moved to your page and combined. I'm merging the empty editions; they will be deleted soon."

I've just noticed that I appear to have reviewed the books too... Can these be deleted?

message 6: by Abcdarian (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:49AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Librarians can't do anything with reviews. You can edit them yourself though, I'd think. Removing your rating might do it.

message 7: by James (new)

James | 2 comments I think it's all sorted out now. Thanks again for your help.