What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance Novel about a French orphan girl who later became a seamstress in AMerica

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harold (new)

Harold Utiripse (klizfer) | 2 comments I have been banging my head trying to remember that book title. As far as I can remember the story goes like this:

The young orphan girl who lives with her aunt and uncle who hates her. They abuse her and insults her about her parents poverty. She has rich orphan girl cousin who is often accompanied by another uncle who loves food. She has a love triangle with that cousin and a gu.

She later escapes to America and became a popular seamstress.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33290 comments Mod
Harold, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What is the story's time period?
"...and a gu."?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Harold (new)

Harold Utiripse (klizfer) | 2 comments Hi Kris, I read the book around 2007 using a java app called readmaniac. I tried searching the database but i cant open it.

I really cant tell the time period. I guess its around 1920's to 1950's but I cant be sure But I can share some of the interesting scenes from the book. I'm really sorry it's supposed to be "guy" no "gu"

1. There was a party and the heroine has nothing to wear so she went to the garden and fashined a dress made of leaves or flowers.

2. She escaped to America and she became a popular seamstress. Then his uncle or her aunt also went there.