Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Champion (Legend, #3)
This topic is about Champion
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu → Start Date: December 5th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 10, 2018 09:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Start Date: December 5th 2018

Day 1: Chapter 1(Day) - 10 (June)
Last word- quarantined

Day 2: Chapter 11(Day) - 20(June)
Last word - whispers

Day 3: Chapter 20(Day) - End

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

Long Live Wonderland Can't wait to get started!

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I have avoided finishing this trilogy for years.
But I am so excited to see where things go and how Lu finished it.

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Just as I am getting tired, it sucks me back in.

p 92

Long Live Wonderland Finally getting the chance to read! Sorry I'm so behind

message 6: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 05, 2018 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Its all good. I do most of my reading late at night.

Long Live Wonderland The only thing that I really don't like about this series is that day and June are so young. I feel like the story would be more believable if they were older

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I completely agree. A year or two older it would feel smoother.

Long Live Wonderland So I'm on page 50 sorry I feel behind on the first day. I will definitely read the remaining pages tonight :)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments About 50 pages away from the end for today. I will finish it within the hour. Take your time, I understand.

Long Live Wonderland I don't know if I ship day and June. They're so different that I don't think it would work. Do you ship them?

message 12: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 05, 2018 10:36PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I did in the first book, but that feels like such a long time ago.
Now I can say honestly, I dont know.

Its a typical love story in the terms of like the prince & the pauper.
I like that they are from two different walks of life in this setting.
Sometimes the writing makes the relationship feel forced a bit.

I would love to see more June/Anden & Day/Tess

message 13: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 05, 2018 11:01PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Finally Eden gets a voice
p 130

(view spoiler)
Well there goes that idea
p 152

Long Live Wonderland Omg I feel so bad for day and Eden

Long Live Wonderland Things are getting intense

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I am going to start catch through today’s reading in an hour. Happy to hear it’s getting really good

Long Live Wonderland I actually only read about 10 pages into todays reading but its kinda crazy

message 18: by Elizabeth (last edited Dec 06, 2018 10:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments After work. I got caught up watching a movie with my sister.
You are right this is definitely getting intense.

(view spoiler)
p 194

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments The last line on this page has got me sucked in!
p 303

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I couldnt help it and finished the book.
I dont know how I feel about the whole book & how it ended

Long Live Wonderland Hahaha life totally attacked me yesterday and fell behind on the reading. Imma try and finish today. Usually that's how it goes with me and Marie lu books we end up on a uneven ground but somehow I still love them

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments let me know when you finish

Long Live Wonderland The thing I hate about June is that even though she has a special relationship with the elector, she acts like she can refuse him. You're the princeps elect, June, you better be at that meeting.
Pg: 205

Long Live Wonderland Sorry I'm taking so long to get through the book I thought I was gonna have a clear schedule

Long Live Wonderland Okay. I just finished and I really enjoyed it!

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Carina wrote: "Sorry I'm taking so long to get through the book I thought I was gonna have a clear schedule"

its okay, it happens

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I liked it too. Took me a while to get back into the story, but once I did I enjoyed it. Besides the romance feeling a bit too focused/pushed through out most of it, I like how the series ended.

Long Live Wonderland For one Day and June should have been older in my opinion to make the story more believable. And even after 3 books I still don't ship the main characters I think that's insane

Long Live Wonderland The beggining of the book was rocky but probably at a little more than halfway it got really good really fast

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments Yeah I have to agree. The beginning was tough for me to get through.

Long Live Wonderland Do you like June? I find myself struggling to like her. I think its mostly because the republic is at war and she's still thinking about where she's comfortable. She shouldn't just be thinking of where she wants to be, she be think of the people too

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | -1 comments I find her reasons for going back to a soldier admirable. I have a love hate relationship with her.

What kind of surprised me was Thomas & Metias. Maybe because I read Prodigy years ago.

What did you think about the whole Commander Jameson situation? It was a good plot point that I think could have been more used in the first half to make it more interesting.

Long Live Wonderland Ugh when Thomas was telling the story of Metias last night I cried. I still can't believe Thomas would kill someone he supposedly loved. The conversation he had with Metias while he was dying will haunt me forever.

As for Commander Jameson, I cannot fathom serving my country for most my life and then end up shooting fellow soldiers without hesitation. I agree that she could have been better woven in to the story to make it more her more compelling.

Same would go for the other princeps-elects I would having more of them in the story.