PenPal Readers discussion

✳️ 2019 Challenges > Crazy Creative Alphabet Challenge

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jan 20, 2019 07:02AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments -----------------
Quicklinks to Participants: Essie | Anne | Femke | Mion | Syndi | Jazzy | Chloe |
-----------------

🤪Crazy creative Alphabet Challenge🤪

A challenge you can really get creative with, figuring out the different ways you can match the books you read to words on the list!

This is a NO-RULES challenge - anything goes - if you think it fits, it fits - get creative - have fun - be silly - read something unexpected. And then share how YOU defined the word and matched it to your book :)

Example: a BLUE book could be a book with a blue cover, a book with a sad theme (feeling blue), a book with a water or sky setting, a book with blues music, a book about blue cheese, a medical book (blue veins) , a book with policemen (blue uniform), a book where a character drives a blue car, a book you read sitting in a blue chair....... you get the idea!

Example 2: a NICE book could be a book with a nice (kind) character, a book set in Nice (France), a book with a nice (happy) ending, a book with a nice (pretty) cover, a book with nice (helpful) advice, a book with a nice (scenic) setting, a book with nice (cool) words, a book with a nice (good-looking) character.... you get the idea!

A - an ANCIENT book
B - a BLUE book
C - a COLD book
D - a DANGEROUS book
E - an EARTHLY book
F - a FREE book
G - a GREEN book
H - a HIT book
I - an IDOL book
J - a JUICY book
K - a KISSED book
L - a LOST book
M - a MYSTERIOUS book
N - a NICE book
O - an OWNED book
P - a POETIC book
Q - a QUIET book
R - a ROARING book
S - a SLEEPY book
T - a TRAVELERS book
U - a UNIVERSE book
V - a VIBRANT book
W - a WEIRD book
X - an 'X' book
Y - a YELLOW book
Z - a ZONE book

message 2: by joanna (new)

joanna (nnewt) | 33 comments Okay wow this is a cool challenge- so count me in!

message 3: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 26, 2019 08:32PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments 🤪 My crazy creative Alphabet Tracking: 🤪

🤸‍♀️🎉 🙌 26/26 COMPLETED! 🤸‍♀️🎉 🙌

✔️A - an ANCIENT book
The Book of Tea (this book was written in 1905 which isn't exactly ancient, but the history of drinking tea dates back to at least the 3rd century AD, according to Wikipedia!)
✔️B - a BLUE book
All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood ( a book about parenting, which can bring both joy and sadness (blues). It's a tough job to raise a kid!)
✔️C - a COLD book
The Winter of the Witch (medieval Russia in winter - with a dangerous and dashing frost demon)
✔️D - a DANGEROUS book
A Thousand Splendid Suns (danger from war in Afghanistan , also the two women in the story were in constant danger from their husband's abuse)
✔️E - an EARTHLY book
The Overstory (powerful themes of earthly nature in this book, specifically trees. It speaks to trees communicating, and all being connected underground)
✔️F - a FREE book The Ruin (i got this free on audible back in November. It's a debut mystery from an Irish author - I enjoyed it!)
✔️G - a GREEN book
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (eye-catching cover, Evelyn in a green dress)
✔️H - a HIT book
The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars TV series was a big hit! This book continues the story, the creator of the show wrote the book. It was a fun read!)
✔️I - an IDOL book
A Call for Revolution: A Vision for the Future (Dalai Lama is an idol to many, a symbol for peace and compassion in the world)
✔️J - a JUICY book
All This I Will Give to You (the family owned a vineyard, where juicy grapes were squeezed to make wine 🍇🍷 )
✔️K - a KISSED book Eleanor & Park (two awkward teens share a kiss and fall in love!)
✔️L - a LOST book
Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup (Elizabeth Holmes lost her mind to behave the way she did , and then she lost all her billions, her company, and possibley her freedom if she goes to jail!)
✔️M - a MYSTERIOUS book
Changeling (a fiction book told in podcast Serial format, with six episodes looking into the mysterious disappearance of a young boy.)
✔️N - a NICE book
The Housekeeper and the Professor (a nice-sweet story and a nice-pretty cover with cherry blossoms on it)
✔️O - an OWNED book
The Travelling Cat Chronicles
✔️P - a POETIC book
Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (yep, it's a book of poems :))
✔️Q - a QUIET book The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince (Prince was very private and quiet about his personal life, and tried to keep things away from the press as much as possible.)
✔️R - a ROARING book Pippi Longstocking (This was a roaring fun book to read - Pippi Longstocking is a wonderfully precocious, outrageous kind of character, she's strong and loud and has hilarious adventures!)
✔️S - a SLEEPY book
The Dreamers (a virus breaks out in a small town that causes people to fall into a deep dreaming sleep!)
✔️T - a TRAVELERS book
Haroun and the Sea of Stories Haoun and his father Rashid travel throughout a fantasy world filled with magicians and talking animals, to restore the sea of stories which has been poisoned).
✔️U - a UNIVERSE book
What Happens Next? Conversations from MARS (interviews with experts in Robotics, and Space)
✔️V - a VIBRANT book
Rosie's Glasses (illustrations start black and white, and then Rosie puts on the glasses and everything is now in full color vibrance! Awesome illustrations, no words in this book, pictures tell the story)
✔️W - a WEIRD book
My Sister, the Serial Killer (cleverly weird idea for a story, but it worked so well! Dark/noir'ish in a very contemporary way.)
✔️X - an 'X' book
In Cold Blood (X for 'marked target' - the killers had marked the family as a target for robbery/murder in advance)
✔️Y - a YELLOW book
Sloth at the Zoom (bright yellow cover)
✔️Z - a ZONE book
Chernobyl: The History of a Nuclear Catastrophe (discussion of zones of nuclear fallout/contamination)

The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yōko Ogawa Chernobyl The History of a Nuclear Catastrophe by Serhii Plokhy A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden Bad Blood Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou The Book of Tea by Kakuzō Okakura Changeling by Matt Wesolowski What Happens Next? Conversations from MARS by Adam Savage In Cold Blood by Truman Capote The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line (Veronica Mars, #1) by Rob Thomas The Ruin (Cormac Reilly, #1) by Dervla McTiernan Sloth at the Zoom by Helaine Becker Rosie's Glasses by Dave Whamond A Call for Revolution A Vision for the Future by Dalai Lama XIV All Joy and No Fun The Paradox of Modern Parenthood by Jennifer Senior The Overstory by Richard Powers Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Haroun and the Sea of Stories (Khalifa Brothers, #1) by Salman Rushdie All This I Will Give to You by Dolores Redondo The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren The Most Beautiful My Life with Prince by Mayte Garcia

message 4: by Neo (last edited Oct 03, 2019 10:19AM) (new)

Neo (neosideralis) I think I'll give it a try... let's see how this goes.

A - an ANCIENT book
B - a BLUE book Our Bloody Pearl (blue cover)
C - a COLD book Heartstopper: Volume One (There's a snow scene in it; and one of the main characters is always feeling cold)
D - a DANGEROUS book Fahrenheit 451 (a dangerous future without books)
E - an EARTHLY book The Lost Hero (the earth stirs)
F - a FREE book Autoboyography (It's about coming out of the closet; freeing in a certain way.)
G - a GREEN bookHeartstopper: Volume Two (There's green on the cover..)
H - a HIT book The Titan's Curse (people hit stuff with swords and spears)
I - an IDOL book Galatea (Galatea as a statue was idolised, and turned into a human; even then found beautiful)
J - a JUICY book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (a novel about a Hollywood actress feels like a juicy book ;) )
K - a KISSED book Shadowblack (There's kissing)
L - a LOST book The Battle of the Labyrinth (They're looking for someone who is assumed to be lost.. and the group gets lost as well? :P)
M - a MYSTERIOUS book Strange the Dreamer (mystery of a lost city?)
N - a NICE bookGood Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (Nice is in the title)
O - an OWNED book Vengeful (I own it)
P - a POETIC book The Penelopiad (parts of it is written in verse; the chorus chapters)
Q - a QUIET book Opal (dream-objects cannot be heard by normal humans; only by dreamers.)
R - a ROARING book The Female of the Species (The message in the book feels as if it is being roared... if that makes any sense)
S - a SLEEPY book The Last Olympian (One of the Gods puts all of Manhattan to sleep)
T - a TRAVELERS book The Sea of Monsters (Percy always has to travel around when he's on a quest)
U - a UNIVERSE book Sputnik Sweetheart (the author hints at a parallel universe)
V - a VIBRANT book Charmcaster (cover is vibrant)
W - a WEIRD book Spellslinger (There's basically a murderous creature in this book called the squirrel cat... that's weird enough ;) )
X - an 'X' book
Y - a YELLOW book I Wish You All the Best (protagonist paints a friend using only yellow tones)
Z - a ZONE book This Savage Song (USA is divided into 6 or 7 new 'countries', and Verity is divided into zones)

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan Spellslinger (Spellslinger, #1) by Sebastien de Castell Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab Our Bloody Pearl (These Treacherous Tides #1) by D.N. Bryn The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan Autoboyography by Christina Lauren The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan Shadowblack (Spellslinger #2) by Sebastien de Castell This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab Galatea by Madeline Miller The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami Heartstopper Volume One (Heartstopper, #1) by Alice Oseman Heartstopper Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2) by Alice Oseman Good Omens by Terry Pratchett I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Charmcaster (Spellslinger #3) by Sebastien de Castell The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Opal (The Raven Cycle, #4.5) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 5: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments I'm joining too!

A - an ANCIENT book
B - a BLUE book
C - a COLD book
D - a DANGEROUS book
E - an EARTHLY book
F - a FREE book
G - a GREEN book
H - a HIT book
I - an IDOL book
J - a JUICY book
K - a KISSED book
L - a LOST book
M - a MYSTERIOUS book
N - a NICE book
O - an OWNED book The Giver (because I obviously own a copy)
P - a POETIC book
Q - a QUIET book
R - a ROARING book
S - a SLEEPY book
T - a TRAVELERS book Ella Enchanted (Ella travels around the country, looking for Lucinda)
U - a UNIVERSE book Foundation (Takes place in a Galactic Empire that's falling apart)
V - a VIBRANT book
W - a WEIRD book
X - an 'X' book
Y - a YELLOW book
Z - a ZONE book

The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Ella Enchanted (Ella Enchanted #1) by Gail Carson Levine Foundation (Foundation, #1) by Isaac Asimov

message 6: by Syndi Siahaan (last edited May 31, 2019 07:40AM) (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments 💃My Crazy Creative Alphabet Challenge 🙈 🙊 🙉

Done! Finished! Yeay!

A - an ANCIENT book
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - the stone was made in 14th century using ancient study of alchemy

B - a BLUE book
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo - some chapters left me feeling blue

C - a COLD book
At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie - cold-blooded murderer does not always look nasty (more than this and it'll be a spoiler)

D - a DANGEROUS book
Hamlet by William Shakespeare - a dangerous book to read before going to work as it left me feeling sad, sorrowful, and unable to concentrate throughout the day

E - an EARTHLY book
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan - Percy's adventure under the earth..so what's more earthly than this? haha

F - a FREE book
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - I got this book as a birthday present, so this is a FREE book lol

G - a GREEN book
A Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christie - the victim was killed with taxine, a poison derived from any parts of yew tree, including its green leaves.

H - a HIT book
Animal Farm by George Orwell - this book hits me that this is the condition of politics in my country. Or maybe in almost all countries.

I - an IDOL book
Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie - first book in Miss Marple's series from one of my idol, Agatha Christie

J - a JUICY book
Private Eyes by Jonathan Kellerman - I found 2 "juicy" words on this book.

K - a KISSED book
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare - the last kiss between Romeo and Juliet

L - a LOST book
Bloodline by James Rollins - so many lives lost because of greed

M - a MYSTERIOUS book
The Seven Dials Mystery by Agatha Christie - The murder of two young men may be connected with the mysterious group, the Seven Dials.

N - a NICE book
Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery - Anne IS nice. This books just proved it.

O - an OWNED book
The Secret of Chimneys by Agatha Christie - not the first Agatha Christie's book that I owned but I quite love this one

P - a POETIC book
The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie - the title was taken from a poem

Q - a QUIET book
Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery - Anne is far from quiet. But I need a quiet atmosphere (at night, after everyone falls asleep, with TV turned off) to fully enjoy reading this book.

R - a ROARING book
Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie - I listened to the audiobook while driving my bike amidst the roaring sound of vehicles and constructions etc..but I managed to finished it and quite like it!!

S - a SLEEPY book
Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Thief by Maurice Leblanc - The reader read the book with flat voice which made my friends and I felt sleepy after some minutes hearing her voice.

T - a TRAVELERS book
Peter Pan and Wendy - Wendy, John, and Michael travel to Neverland

U - a UNIVERSE book
Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi - reading this book makes me feel that I'm transferred to another universe that talking marionette and animals is commonly found as nobody finds it weird.

V - a VIBRANT book
Heidi by Johanna Spyri - Heidi is a vibrant girl

W - a WEIRD book
A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond - a little (cute) bear strolling around the city and talking is weird, don't you think?

X - an 'X' book
Murder is Easy by Agatha Christie - the murderer targeted ("X") someone to be their sacrificial lamb

Y - a YELLOW book
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery - listened to this audiobook in my yellow shirt

Z - a ZONE book
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan - during the final battle, Morpheus turned Manhattan into a sleeping zone for mortals

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Les Misérables by Victor Hugo At Bertram's Hotel (Miss Marple #11) by Agatha Christie Hamlet by William Shakespeare The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas A Pocket Full of Rye (Miss Marple, #7) by Agatha Christie Animal Farm by George Orwell The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie Private Eyes (Alex Delaware, #6) by Jonathan Kellerman Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare Bloodline (Sigma Force, #8) by James Rollins The Seven Dials Mystery (Superintendent Battle, #2) by Agatha Christie Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery The Secret of Chimneys (Superintendent Battle, #1) by Agatha Christie The Moving Finger (Miss Marple #4) by Agatha Christie Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #1-2) by L.M. Montgomery Sleeping Murder (Miss Marple, #13) by Agatha Christie Arsène Lupin, Gentleman-Thief (Arsène Lupin #1) by Maurice Leblanc Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi Heidi by Johanna Spyri A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) by Michael Bond Murder is Easy by Agatha Christie Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) by L.M. Montgomery The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

message 7: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Syndi wrote: I listened to the audiobook while driving my bike amidst the roaring sound of vehicles and constructions etc..but I managed to finished it and quite like it!!

LOL, this is great, ❤ your definition for roaring!

This is going to be a fun challenge to read the responses for!

message 8: by Jazzy (last edited Jun 10, 2019 08:05AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Crazy & Creative A-Z Challenge 2019

23/26

✅A - ANCIENT:
The Book of Tea - Kakuzō Okakura ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The taoism of teaism

✅B - BLUE:
Death by Water - Kerry Greenwood ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Miss Phryne Fisher lures a jewel thief with a tempting blue sapphire necklace.

✅C - COLD:
The Story of a Baby - Ethel Turner ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Passions have cooled with familiarity, and the rain seems to never cease lashing down.

✅D - DANGEROUS:
Archivist on a Bicycle: Jiří Fiedler - Ruth Ellen Gruber ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jiří was an amazing and important, yet ordinary man documenting lost sites of Jewish history, but he and his wife were brutally murdered a few years ago.

✅E - EARTHLY:
The Peppercorn Tree - Jill Lovett ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A gentle memoir of a down-to-earth family experiencing drama and mystery in the Sydney suburbs

✅F - FREE:
Candy Is Dandy: The Best of Ogden Nash - Ogden Nash ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ogden Nash was very free with his verse, changing spellings and pronunciations for the best and often most comic effect. He made very good use of his poetic licence.

✅G - GREEN:
Dandelion Wine - Ray Bradbury ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dandelion Wine is a 1957 novel by Ray Bradbury, taking place in the summer of 1928 in the fictional town of Green Town, Illinois, based upon Bradbury's childhood home of Waukegan, Illinois.

✅H - HIT: Psycho - Robert Bloch ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The book based on a true story that inspired the hit film by Alfred Hitchcock.

✅I - IDOL:
Ted and Sylvia - Emma Tennant ⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Ted has the air of one who left home a long time ago and never really returned, sending instead of himself a facsimile: bluff, good-natured and utterly alien. His hair, Sylvia notices not for the first time, has recently been cut in a pudding-bowl shape - if he weren't so godlike (he is to her and becomes greater in stature the more she is with him), he could be thought a short-spoken, ill-mannered soldier."

✅J - JUICY:
The Castlemaine Murders - Kerry Greenwood ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Oh! That Phryne Fisher - PHWOAR!

✅K - KISSED:
Ambulance Girls - Deborah Burrows ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Jim leaned across and kissed me. It was a gentle kiss, hesitant, improvised, and in it I tasted the salt of his tears."

✅L - LOST:
Goodbye Christopher Robin: A. A. Milne and the Making of Winnie-the-Pooh - Ann Thwaite ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In memory of a lost childhood.

✅M - MYSTERIOUS:
4:50 from Paddington - Agatha Christie ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A woman witnesses a murder on a passing train. Or does she?

✅N - NICE: The Murder at the Vicarage - Agatha Christie ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
We meet a nice little old lady...“Really Miss Marple is rather a dear….”

✅O - OWNED:
Les Misérables -Victor Hugo ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
It is not just that I own a copy of this book, but that we are so intertwined as to be a part of each other.

✅P - POETIC:
Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson - Emily Dickinson ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
There is no Frigate like a Book
To take us Lands away,
Nor any Coursers like a Page
Of prancing Poetry –
This Traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of Toll –
How frugal is the Chariot
That bears a Human soul.

✅Q - QUIET:
Esther's Inheritance - Sándor Márai ⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This is why I have come," he said, more quietly now because the room had darkened and we instinctively dropped our voices as if everything -- all the objects in the room, all we had to say -- was fading with the light.

✅R - ROARING:
The History of Don Quixote, Volume 1 - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This delightful book had me roaring with laughter!

✅S - SLEEPY:
The Big Sleep - Raymond Chandler ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on the top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you. You just slept the big sleep, not caring about the nastiness of how you died or where you fell."

✅T - TRAVELLER:
The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“What have you come to Earth for?'
'I'm having difficulties with a flower,' the little prince said.
'Ah!' said the snake.
And they were both silent.”

U - UNIVERSE:

V - VIBRANT:

✅W - WEIRD:
The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith - Peter Carey ⭐⭐⭐
This book truly is unlike anything else I've ever read.

X - 'X':
Dead Man's Chest - Kerry Greenwood

✅Y - YELLOW:
Soldier on the Hill - Jackie French
The photo on the bookjacket has the look of being faded and yellowed with time.

✅Z - ZONE:
All Quiet on the Western Front - Erich Maria Remarque ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Set in the war zone.

The Book of Tea by Kakuzō Okakura Death by Water (Phryne Fisher, #15) by Kerry Greenwood The Story of a Baby (Classic Reprint) by Ethel Turner Archivist on a Bicycle Jiří Fiedler by Ruth Ellen Gruber The Peppercorn Tree by Jill Lovett Candy Is Dandy The Best of Ogden Nash by Ogden Nash Dandelion Wine (Green Town, #1) by Ray Bradbury Psycho by Robert Bloch Ted and Sylvia by Emma Tennant The Castlemaine Murders (Phryne Fisher, #13) by Kerry Greenwood Ambulance Girls (Ambulance Girls #1) by Deborah Burrows Goodbye Christopher Robin A. A. Milne and the Making of Winnie-the-Pooh by Ann Thwaite 4 50 from Paddington (Miss Marple #8) by Agatha Christie The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) by Agatha Christie Les Misérables by Victor Hugo Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson The History of Don Quixote, Volume 1, Complete by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra The Big Sleep (Philip Marlowe, #1) by Raymond Chandler The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry The Unusual Life of Tristan Smith by Peter Carey Dead Man's Chest (Phryne Fisher, #18) by Kerry Greenwood Soldier on the Hill by Jackie French All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

message 9: by Chloe (last edited Aug 04, 2019 09:40AM) (new)

Chloe (chloee_matthews) Here's my go at this!

A - an ANCIENT book The Secret Garden, because it was published in 1911.
B - a BLUE book Five Feet Apart, because the cover is blue.
C - a COLD book Frostbite, even though it's nothing to do with being cold, the title is.
D - a DANGEROUS book Genuine Fraud, but telling you why would be a spolier.
E - an EARTHLY book And the Ocean Was Our Sky, there's two earth-words in the title alone.
F - a FREE book Falling Through Clouds, freedom seems like a big theme in this book.
G - a GREEN bookAfter We Fell, because the cover is green.
H - a HIT book Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, could there be a bigger hit of a book?
I - an IDOL book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Evelyn is an idol having her biography written.
J - a JUICY book Poison, it's an adult version of Snow White.
K - a KISSED book Forbidden, read the blurb. I don't want to explain.
L - a LOST book Every Heart a Doorway because the children are lost.
M - a MYSTERIOUS book The Cheerleaders, because it's a murder mystery.
N - a NICE book That Wedding, because it's all about wedding planning.
O - an OWNED book Seven Ways We Lie, because I own it.
P - a POETIC book They Both Die at the End because I couldn't think of many words to describe it, other than poetic.
Q - a QUIET book Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, because ssshhh it's a secret.
R - a ROARING book The Girl on the Train, because there are references to the roaring of the train passing.
S - a SLEEPY bookTwilight, becuase there are so many parts of this book where Bella is asleep.
T - a TRAVELERS book The Polar Bear Explorers' Club because they go on Arctic travels.
U - a UNIVERSE book The Sun Is Also a Star because there are several mentions to the universe.
V - a VIBRANT book Caraval, because there are many points of this I would describe as vibrant.
W - a WEIRD book Coraline, because it's very weird.
X - an 'X' bookUp Close and Personal, because the themes are definitely X-rated.
Y - a YELLOW book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the cover isn't completely yellow, but mostly.
Z - a ZONE book Glass Houses, because Morganville is a vampire zone.

message 10: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Femke wrote: W - a WEIRD book Spellslinger (There's basically a murderous creature in this book called the squirrel cat... that's weird enough ;) )

haha that does sound completely weird - makes me want to read this book! Is there an illustration in the book of this weird creature?

message 11: by Neo (new)

Neo (neosideralis) Anne ✨ wrote: "Femke wrote: W - a WEIRD book Spellslinger (There's basically a murderous creature in this book called the squirrel cat... that's weird enough ;) )

haha that does sound completely weird - makes me..."

The only illustration is on the cover; it is the creature sitting on the shoulder of the protagonist.
I did really enjoy Spellslinger; it had an interesting world of magic. :)

message 12: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Chairunnisa (nhcnisa) | 8 comments This seems fun! Can I join? ._.

message 13: by Anne ✨ (last edited Feb 26, 2019 05:36PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Nurul wrote: "This seems fun! Can I join? ._."

YES! OF COURSE, Nurul, we're so happy you're joining us!! You can copy the alphabet from my post into a new post below.. Then you can update your post as you go, by clicking the 'edit' link at the bottom of your post. If you need any help, just message me!

message 14: by Jazzy (last edited Feb 26, 2019 01:12PM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments I don't update as I go, I choose the books and then tick them off and rate them when I read them. I also show all the book covers at the bottom.

message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloee_matthews) Just updated the last gap I had, so that's me finished with this challenge!

message 16: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Congrats Chloe 🙌🎉 and Syndi too 🙌🎉

Jazzy, and Femke, you're both soooo close to finishing!