Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Fantasy 100k words need beta!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lummy (new)

Lummy | 1 comments Hello! Thank you for taking the time to beta read! Please message me if interested. Below is a kind of summary. It contains mild spoilers.

Eighteen-year-old Lilith lives in a world where everyone is born with a mysterious book at their side, and, seemingly at random, spells are placed in it by the Gods. The power of these spells determines one’s place in society.

The problem is the Gods have never once gifted Lilith a single spell.
With no spells and no power, Lilith is subjected to a life of poverty and slavery, relying only on her wits and connections with other people for the survival of both her and her little brother.
However, when the Gods place one of nine mysterious brands on every single person in the world, as well as state that only one type of brand may survive, the society is thrown into chaos. To make matters even more complicated, her friends and family possess opposing brands to her own.

Chosen as one of nine Apostles who may speak with the nine Gods, Lilith is placed in her first ever position of power. Through her experiences growing up she feels that everyone has a right to life and happiness regardless of their strength and spells. And, more importantly, regardless of their brand.

With nine different groups bent on killing each other, Lilith sets her goals, not just to save those of her own brand, but everyone.

Through conflict and betrayal, Lilith comes to learn that such ideals of peace are not so easy to maintain, and that by doing so she may be risking the lives of those who share her brand, as well as the people she loves most.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I would love to read it. Please Pm me

message 3: by Carly (new)

Carly Huss (carlyhusswrites) | 13 comments I'll read that!