Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General chat > What are you reading December, 2018

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Britany (new)

Britany | 563 comments Linda- I think I'm picking One Day in December as my BoTM pick, are you liking it so far?

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
Britany wrote: "Linda- I think I'm picking One Day in December as my BoTM pick, are you liking it so far?"

Britany, it's basically a romance and that's not usually my glass of wine. It's okay. I picked it completely based on the title. I was expecting something different. Thinking that I will be giving it 2 stars.

message 5: by Britany (new)

Britany | 563 comments hmmm not my glass of wine either. What to do, what to do...

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin (mcrobus) | 254 comments Reading The Library Book by Susan Orlean
By Susan Orlean and liking it, a lot.
Finished my Goodreads Reading Challenge so like last year, I will be reading books that have been sitting on my shelf for awhile. End of year trying to shorten TBR list.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 279 comments This month I'm The Cut Out Girl A Story of War and Family, Lost and Found by Bart van Es while also dipping into Reader, Come Home The Reading Brain in a Digital World by Maryanne Wolf .

message 9: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 821 comments Botm is book of the month?

message 10: by Britany (new)

Britany | 563 comments Yes it is. :)

message 11: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Miller | 821 comments Thanks. I used to use them all the time.

message 17: by Connie (new)

Connie | 241 comments I'm reading the last of the books in my Postal Book Club. It is We are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. What a surprise read!

message 18: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 66 comments I’m reading The Lost Man by Jane Harper. The third in the series that started with The Dry. Very good so far.

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 279 comments I am flitting among my 3 library books, but most interested in starting Wildlife by Richard Ford by Richard Ford.

message 21: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan Crazy Rich Asians (I know friends have said how great this book is - what took me so long?) and Hitler's Last Soldier in America by Georg Gaertner Hitler's Last Soldier in America - this book was brought to my attention by my dyslexic husband who wanted to listen to. Alas, it is not available on audio, BUT my library, surprisingly, has a copy, so I'm using their new Maker Space to record the book so that I can give it to him for Christmas.

message 23: by Debbie (last edited Dec 17, 2018 07:48PM) (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Since She Went Away by David Bell

message 25: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Stacey wrote: "I’m reading The Lost Man by Jane Harper. The third in the series that started with The Dry. Very good so far."

Great to know..My next book is The Dry

message 27: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Been reading a lot of small stuff this month to try and complete my reading challenge.

message 31: by Britany (new)

Britany | 563 comments Finished Still Me by Jojo Moyes Still Me by Jojo Moyes

I really enjoyed this one!

My Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin (mcrobus) | 254 comments Happy New Year All!

message 34: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 279 comments Robin wrote: "Happy New Year All!"
Happy New Year, Robin!

I will not complete my reading challenge this year -- oh well! (too much knitting, I guess.) I picked up Paula Saunders' The Distance Home. Very good, so far, 100 pages in.

message 35: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Unwanted
so far so good

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen | 293 comments I'm reading Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon

message 39: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments Currently reading Wycliffe and the Guilt Edged Alibi by W.J. Burley , although a different edition.

message 40: by Britany (new)

Britany | 563 comments Final book of the year and just hit my goal! Whew...

Finished The Beast Within A Tale of Beauty's Prince by Serena Valentino The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty's Prince by Serena Valentino

My Review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 41: by C. John (new)

C. John Kerry (cjkerry) | 103 comments I ended up one past my goal. Try and post my December reads later.

message 42: by Debbie (last edited Dec 31, 2018 03:55PM) (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Just going to start The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
My goal was 50 books and I read 79!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.