Challenge Corner discussion

Tiger Lily
This topic is about Tiger Lily
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy > Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson -> Starting December 7th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51578 comments Mod
Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair...

Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.

Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.

With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

From the New York Times bestselling author of Peaches comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Ordered so we'll see when it gets here.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I have my book. Anyone else reading it with me? LOL

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3288 comments Yes I am.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3288 comments 24%

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3288 comments 50%

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3288 comments 75%

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 3288 comments 100%

I loved this retelling of Peter Pan focused on Tiger Lily's life from Tinker Bell's perspective. It paid homage to the original but was different enough to keep it interesting. I loved Tik Tok, Pine Sap, Moon Eye and how they stood by Tiger Lily in the village. I loved the young romance between Peter and Tiger Lily, and the heartbreak when Wendy showed up. If you like retellings I think you will like this book.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I am so sorry for not being on time with this one. I have the book but I'm just so busy! I'm sure glad that you like it!

I am hoping to read it this week, and then I can add my points for the BAH BR points. :)

message 10: by Vicki (last edited Dec 17, 2018 08:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments It's been many years that I've heard the story of Peter Pan. I have a hard time remembering much of it, but all of the allusions bring back memories and are familiar for the most part.

10 Chapters

Smee (view spoiler)

Tiger Lily (view spoiler)

I love the names: Pine Sap, Batwing, Moon Eye, Tiger Lily, all of them.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Oh my gosh, I love this book! lol It's so fun.

I loved it when Peter (view spoiler)

I love irony and it was definitely ironic that (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "75%

Pine Sap found Tiger Lily with Peter so he's upset with her. Giant found out she was sneaking around so he's upset with her. And Tiger Lily just told Peter she'd run away with him. I wonder ..."

I can't even imagine how one would feel with so many (view spoiler)

And I have to agree that I've really enjoyed hearing this re-telling from Tink's POV. But I swear I don't remember Tiger Lily. lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I have to say that one of my favorite things about this book is all of the names: Stinky Feet, Aunt Fire, Pine Sap, Peter Pan, Tiger Lily, and one of my favorites, Tik Tok. LOL

Speaking of Tik Tok, he might have fared better with Tiger Lily if he hadn't been so terribly (view spoiler)