What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Fantasy - heroine lives in conquered village

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 4 comments The heroine was an adult woman who was the leader(?) of a conquered village/territory in a typical fantasy setting (e.g. swords). I think there was a hero who was a member of the conquerors or in some other way not part of the village? There was some romance, but it was mostly a fantasy.

Probably from the the early 90s. For some reason I associate it with Roberta Cray's The Sword and the Lion, but it's not that book. Guessing I read them around the same time (The Sword and the Lion came out in 1993).

The key piece I remember is SPOILER

the village was disarmed when the story began, but when something happened, the heroine went down to some tunnels(?) under the village and brought up swords that had been hidden.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 04, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Book mentioned by Stacey: The Sword and the Lion by Roberta Cray

What are the fantasy elements? Are there fantastical creatures?

Anything else about the main characters - their ages, skills/powers/interests, appearance, personality, family/friends, single/widowed/etc., preferred weapons, etc.?

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 4 comments I don't think it was very fantastical other than being in a made up historical world.

Main characters were both adults (at least mid-20s maybe even 30s?).

Sadly, that's all I remember.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 23 comments Were they saxons/roman ? Claudia Dain to burn?

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 4 comments No, pretty sure it was not that closely based on history and was marketed as fantasy not romance.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sword and the Lion (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Roberta Cray (other topics)