What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Kids chapter book girl turns into faerie and lives with aunt

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jyn (new)

Jyn | 1 comments So I read this chapter book ages ago at the library and I got to thinking about it recently but basically all I remember is there’s this girl (ages ten to thirteen maybe?) who ends up living with her aunt (I think she was staying with her for the summer or something) and her aunt drives this really bright green car and the girl’s all embarrassed about it at first and then later she figures out she’s a faerie and that her aunt is a faerie as well and they can transform at will and they all have “faerie names” as opposed to their “human names” and I’m pretty sure the girl’s faerie name was Marigold like the flower and maybe her dress was marigold petals or something of the kind. I remember in the story whenever humans saw faeries they only saw a flower or a dragonfly or something normal not tiny winged girls. There were also boys who were like the faeries’ male counterparts but they didn’t have wings and they rode on birds and squirrels and other small critters and had like acorn caps for hats etc. (They May or may not have been called brownies)

In any case I don’t remember much about the plot but I know for sure is was a series of some type - each book was about the same size as a magic tree house book - and whenever they turned into faeries they were about two inches tall and wearing flower petals for dresses and such. It’s not much but if anybody recognizes the series from this I’d be really happy. Thanks.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Marigold and the Feather of Hope, the Journey Begins (2004) by J.H. Sweet?

"Spending two weeks with her eccentric aunt is not her idea of fun, but nine-year-old Beth's attitude changes when she is told that she and Aunt Evelyn are fairies and need to find the missing Feather of Hope."
http://www.worldcat.org/title/marigol...

http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Keywords: marigold aunt | Subject: fairies | Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English