Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapter 1 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Jill (last edited Dec 02, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

Jill | 8 comments Right off the bat, Holly Chase is not a nice character. She's a spoiled little rich girl who treats everyone so poorly and comes off extremely unlikable. I wonder what happened to her that turned her into such a "Scrooge" and what Project Scrooge is all about.

I wish I had read A Christmas Carol prior to reading this book because there are a lot of references. This book does a good job of explaining the references, but I'm sure there are Easter Eggs and other things I'm not picking up on

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
What an introduction to our unlikeable narrator. I'm curious about how much of her past life will be discussed. I also think the Ghost of Christmas Past was her younger self because she said she was familiar. I liked that she got Havisham as her "Project Scrooge" name. Super excited to continue on!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Girard | 9 comments I haven’t read Dickens and I’ve only seen the Christmas carol movies (Mickey Mouse, Jim Carey) so I’m wondering how many references will fly over my head...

The author really worked hard to make Holly unlikeable. Yikes! She can only get better from here... right? Right?