Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapters 2-4 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Jill (last edited Dec 02, 2018 08:46AM) (new)

Jill | 8 comments The Scrooge Project is very funny/interesting. Kind of reminds me of Monsters Inc how they break in and all the behind the scenes :P It reads part fantasy part sci fi, which I'm kind of loving.

Holly has not changed her Scrooge ways though. Even after dying and getting stuck working as Ghost of Christmas Past, she's still a miserable person. How?? And how is she even allowed to work there with that attitude?

Enter new hot Scrooge. Is Holly going to fall for him? Ugh I think that would be over the top cheesy for me. I don't know, we'll see.

What is Stephanie's role in this operation? She's only an intern but has an all access pass. She isn't replacing Holly. They've never had an intern before..hmm.. and why did Boz give Holly her dad's pocket watch?

Interested in seeing how this unfolds. Wish Holly would take it down a notch

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Girard | 9 comments I hadn’t seen the similarity with Monster Inc but now I’m wondering how I missed it!!

Holly hasn’t progressed much in 5 years... My theory is that working for the Scrooge project is her second chance and that’s why Boz said she "wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon", and why Dave, who seems so nice "is moving on to his final destination".

I’m hoping the new Scrooge won’t be a love interest, but someone Holly identifies to and makes her reflect and change for the better (please?)

Stephanie’s character is very intriguing. Is she evaluating Holly’s development?

message 4: by Merphy (new)

Merphy Napier | 56 comments Mod
Rachel wrote: "I hadn’t seen the similarity with Monster Inc but now I’m wondering how I missed it!!

Holly hasn’t progressed much in 5 years... My theory is that working for the Scrooge project is her second cha..."

I thought the same thing about Dave. He seems to have redeemed himself and now he gets to move on. So I guess Holly will get to move on too once she stops being such a poo poo head?