Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE > Chapters 14-18

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapters 14-18 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments This new transducer is going to be bad for Holly because she's going to get caught now. She escaped that run in by the skin of her teeth.

Holly's memory of her mom very sick at Christmas was so sad. We are starting to see a softer side to Holly. I'm loving the romance between her and Ethan and I love that they're dating.

I have not seen a Scrooge side to Ethan TBH. He seems like a normal guy. Maybe kind of a recluse, and a troublemaker because of what he did to that guy at a party, but other than that I don't see it. Further proving my idea that the real intervention is on Holly. Boz also says at one point "Love can be a great motivator for change." I think the project is working so far :)

We still don't know Stephanie's role, but I think that she's dead. She never has plans after work, she dodges questions about classes at NYU, she runs errands unusually quickly, and that weird comment about her dad. I think maybe she is meant to be the "friend" for Holly and Ethan the "Belle." This is getting interesting..

message 3: by Merphy (new)

Merphy Napier | 56 comments Mod
Stephanie is TOTALLY up to something. Not only did she come into the company at just the right moment, but she also has full clearance??? Nah. Every time we get to know her a bit more i'm like, that girl is a baddie. I think she's teamed up with Boz and Dave and they're all up to something.

Also, I agree with Jill that Ethan doesn't seem bad at all. I'm not sure what's up with that but I'm thinking he's part of the ploy with the other people I'm suspicious of, though I doubt he realized he's being used.

Also, Holly sucks so much. The deeper she gets into this relationship and the more she covers up stuff that she should be figuring out FOR ETHAN'S WELL BEING the more I think that she is the absolute worst. She's putting his eternity at risk so she can make kissy faces!