Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE > Chapters 19-23

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapters 19-23 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments Ethan broke up with Holly and was a total a$$ about it!! Thank u, next

This is the big moment. Holly is about to walk in as Ghost of Christmas Past. Idk if Ethan will take it seriously since he's going to recognize her. I still think this is all about Holly though. We shall see!!!!

message 3: by Merphy (last edited Dec 12, 2018 04:48PM) (new)

Merphy Napier | 56 comments Mod
So this is still a really fun, fast story. Very easy to read.
One thing that I keep thinking about is that Project Scrooge doesn't seem to be using all it's resources. Like, Holly has SO MUCH at her disposal to get Ethan's memories and yet the people in charge of his past and present seem to have nothing. I mean, why not use the same tools Holly uses to look into his mind to find out where he's been disappearing to? If they can look into his mind, why not let the people in charge of his present day do it and find out who Victoria is or why he suddenly is going off his regular schedule? Even more simply, why not just put a tracker on his phone so they know where he is when he isn't where they assume he'll be? It feels like it should be REALLY easy to find out all the stuff that they're struggling with. They have so many resources but Holly seems to be the only one using them, which I find weird.

I also still think Holly is crazy selfish. She's still putting his soul on the line just so she can date him, and she isn't even treating him well. She's dragging him around, telling him nothing, being evasive every time he asks a question... I was honestly happy when he finally snapped. I think most people would have snapped a lot sooner. That being said, I really felt for her in that moment because he was way too harsh.

I'm excited to see how this all ends. I'm very invested in the story and even though there are a lot of things that just aren't for me, I'm having a really good time reading it. I'm ready for those last pages!!