Loosely Bound Book Club discussion

THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE > Chapters 24-28

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
This topic is for spoiler talk for chapters 24-28 ONLY. Don't read the comments unless you've read all the chapters or else you will be spoiled.

Also, DO NOT post about events that happen after these chapters. You will have two warnings, if it happens a third time, you're out of the group.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 8 comments I KNEW IT! This was Holly's redemption project, and it worked and they lived happily ever after. Stephanie isn't dead, but her dad is Copperfield. I knew she was somehow involved and knew more than she let on. I'm so glad Holly went from Scrooge to a success story and was given a second chance. She lost Ethan, but I think she will be ok. Falling in love was the push she needed for her to change. Yay for PS changing the world one Scrooge at a time :)

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (The Book Refuge) I loved this! I feel like all the issues I was having with Holly and the relationship with Ethan was explained with this ending. I knew she still had a chance. I knew she was still the Scrooge and I loved that the team didn't give up on her. Picking someone who was so like her, letting her fall in love, and helping to put his (Ethan's) good ahead of her own is what saves her in the end.

I was very worried when she was being so selfish with his life and keeping him to herself. It made her so unlikeable and just bad, in my opinion. But she does learn, and she is redeemed. I also love that it was about more than one kind of love. She didn't need to end up with Ethan, and she saves his DAD!!!! OMG, that was the sweetest thing she could do for him and show her love for the boy she loved but who will never know her.

XOXOX!!!! Loved it!

message 4: by Merphy (new)

Merphy Napier | 56 comments Mod
Jenn wrote: "I loved this! I feel like all the issues I was having with Holly and the relationship with Ethan was explained with this ending. I knew she still had a chance. I knew she was still the Scrooge and ..."

I found her to be terrible through out the novel as well because of her selfish way of handling Ethan. But it was a *really* satisfying end!

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dylanthereader5) | 67 comments Mod
So I've already read this book twice and decided not to reread this month, but I really enjoyed this novel. I loved the uniqueness of it and the many nods to the original story. I understand that it's not the best written thing ever, but I've had so much fun with it both times I've experienced it.

ALSO, did anyone else actively imagine this as a film? I always pictured a younger emma roberts playing Holly. I think she would be a great fit for the character.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) | 19 comments Mod
Dylan wrote: "So I've already read this book twice and decided not to reread this month, but I really enjoyed this novel. I loved the uniqueness of it and the many nods to the original story. I understand that i..."

I know you had told our group chat this, but I definitely see her as an Emma Roberts kinda character.