Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Add books to existing series please

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (daybreak1012) | 150 comments They are part of the Sugarcreek Amish Mystery series:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/1687...

This is Book 28:
* Title: Quilt by Association
* Author(s) name(s): Nancy Mehl
* ISBN (or ASIN): unknown
* Publisher: Guideposts
* Publication date: 2018
* Format: Hard Cover
* Description: Anton Birken has returned to Sugarcreek to attend his mother’s funeral. He was shunned a decade ago after the suspicious disappearance of a teenage Amish girl he liked. While the girl’s parents, and the community, suspected Anton of foul play, the police lacked evidence to arrest him. When Levi allows Anton to stay in their dawdy haus, Cheryl is more than a little worried— especially when another teen girl vanishes after Anton’s arrival. Has the girl simply run away, or has something more sinister transpired?

Meanwhile, Cheryl entertains Sharon Vogel, a gifted quilter from Lancaster County whose quilts Cheryl wants to sell at the Swiss Miss. However, when local stores experience a wave of peculiar thefts—including one of Sharon’s valuable quilts—Cheryl finds herself embroiled in two mysteries instead of one. Or are they somehow related?
* Page count: unknown
* Link to book page: https://www.shopguideposts.org/sugarc...

This is Book 29:
* Title: Homespun Suspicions
* Author(s) name(s): Olivia Newport
* Description: “Make an effort.” These three seemingly innocuous words send Cheryl Miller on her most challenging assignment yet. When Aunt Mitzi handpicks a new tenant for her cottage, she asks Cheryl to “make an effort” to befriend her. But Jayla Nuttall makes it plain she doesn’t welcome any overtures of friendship. Jayla is obviously determined to alienate Cheryl—and everyone else in Sugarcreek. But Cheryl, spurred on by Mitzi’s encouraging letters, sets out to find the culprit behind the series of events that seem intended to terrorize Aunt Mitzi’s tenant. Who is targeting Jayla with these vicious pranks? Or is she herself causing the damage?

Meanwhile, when the Sugarcreek Nursing Home opens a brand new assisted living wing, the activities coordinator invites Naomi to give classes in Amish cooking. Will the accolades cause Naomi to be vain, and pull her away from serving her family on their own farm just when they need her most?

This is Book 30:
* Title: Till We Meet Again
* Author(s) name(s): Cara Putmanl
* Description: When their church hosts a children’s choir from Aunt Mitzi’s mission in Papua New Guinea, Cheryl and Levi invite Jennifer Lewis, a young single woman and chaperone for the group, to stay in their dawdy haus. An hour before they need to leave to meet the group for their first rehearsal, they realize the woman has vanished. Has Jennifer left voluntarily—or is something more sinister afoot? As Cheryl sets out to learn what happened to their guest, a cryptic note left behind in the guest bedroom is her only clue.

Meanwhile, with toddler Rebecca growing more charming and delightful every day, Cheryl and Levi begin to wonder: is it time to open their hearts and home to another child?
* Page count: unknown

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13658 comments Strange, I don't see any previous requests for these.

If you posted before, maybe the reason they are skipped over is that it is not just adding existing books to a series. The books themselves are not in GR yet, so have to be added first. It might help if you changed the folder to Adding New Books (with the edit function next to the topic title).

message 3: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Also, if you are deleting your earlier requests, that puts you at the bottom of the list again time-wise for librarians who may be working oldest to newest.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (daybreak1012) | 150 comments I did end up deleting the older posts because they were considerably older and all the newer requests had long been completed. I didn't want to leave multiple requests for the same books out there. Sorry, I thought I was being considerate to not leave duplicate requests, especially because they were so old at that point. =/ As far as a different folder, the first time I asked for new books to be added to a series that were new to Goodreads as well, I was told the requests should be on the series thread or they wouldn't get added to the series? I really don't know what I should do at this point.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (daybreak1012) | 150 comments lethe wrote: "Strange, I don't see any previous requests for these.

If you posted before, maybe the reason they are skipped over is that it is not just adding existing books to a series. The books themselves ar..."

Ok, I have moved this request to the "Adding New Books" folder per the suggestion.

message 6: by Emily (last edited Dec 03, 2018 06:58PM) (new)

Emily | 13149 comments Next time you can just bump your original post if no one gets to it in a couple days instead of creating a new one. :-)

Here are the books on the series page:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/1687...

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Dawn wrote: "I did end up deleting the older posts because they were considerably older and all the newer requests had long been completed. I didn't want to leave multiple requests for the same books out there...."

For future requests, I suggest separating out the parts of the request. That is, first start a thread asking for the new book(s) to be added to the Goodreads database. Then, once that has been completed, start a separate thread in the Serieses! folder.

Alternatively, you might put both parts in one thread, but if so, I suggest putting it in the Book Issues folder. And also starting the post with a statement of what you are requesting. For example, "Please add these two books to the Goodreads database, and also link them to the series [link]." I think part of why you had difficulty this time was some librarians may have been unclear as to exactly what you were asking to have done.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (daybreak1012) | 150 comments Thank you all for your assistance!