What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Middle grade/YA fantasy humanity at war with monsters MC a male changeling

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Crawford (noellecrawford) I believe the young orphan boy is chosen as a watchman to fight against monsters, but he later learns he is a changling/shapeshifter/doppelganger and therefore a monster. Book plays with the humans are the real monster trope. Read it in about 2010 found it in a middle/high school library, can't find it in their catalog anymore. I believe there were multiple books. The title contains the name of some type of shapeshifter with a blue/green cover. The world is at war against said monsters with lights posts everywhere possibly called werelights.

message 2: by Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (last edited Dec 01, 2018 01:26PM) (new)

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (stargazer401) | 250 comments Maybe the Monster Blood Tattoo series? First one is Foundling.

Edit: I realize that summary does not have a lot of information, but can confirm the series:
- Starts with him chosen to light lamps along the highway (learning to fight monsters is part of his training.)
- One of the editions has a blue cover.
- Main character (view spoiler). His name turns out to be a play on this? Can't remember the exact details.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Foundling (other topics)