Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Authors > Gregg Hurwitz

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Dec 01, 2018 10:13AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4774 comments Mod
Is anyone else reading Gregg Hurwitz?

His Orphan X books are fantastic. I glommed all of these this year. The new book is coming out this month and I preordered it.

Orphan X
Hellbent
The Nowhere Man
Out of the Dark

message 2: by L.G. (new)

L.G. (upl8) | 45 comments Hi! I've read the first 3 Orphan X books and the short Buy a Bullet. I'm looking forward to the 4th book. When you read it, please let me know your impressions.

message 3: by Magiccats (last edited Dec 02, 2018 06:00AM) (new)

Magiccats | 280 comments I read Orphan X over a year ago and I really enjoyed the character Evan Smoak and the action, however I haven't read any further books in the series. Now that you have reminded me about this series I think I will add the second book to my tablet. I had marked the first one as an excellent read in my notes.

message 4: by Magiccats (new)

Magiccats | 280 comments Just finished the short Buy a Bullet talk about intense. This book is extremely short but I was hooked the entire time.

message 5: by Josen (new)

Josen (josens) | 12 comments Oh I love Gregg Hurwitz! I found him while doing a peruse at my library and even though I've only read 4 of his books, he's become a go-to author for me. I've read:

The Kill Clause
They're Watching
You're Next
Orphan X

message 6: by Mylinda (new)

Mylinda | 3 comments I just discovered him over Thanksgiving and read Orphan X and Buy a Bullet. Really great, looking forward to more.

message 7: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1995 comments Mod
I guess I'll have to move this up my TBR list!

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian | 15 comments I am a huge fan of the Orphan X books! First two are the best. I need to read the latest but my TBR pile just keeps growing.

message 9: by Josen (new)

Josen (josens) | 12 comments Speaking of TBR lists I just made mine for 2019. Lol! Well, I tried to pick what I REALLY wanted to read in the next year. Trying to get my TBR from bigger to just big. Lol!

Now back to Hurwitz.......I actually saw him at the Los Angeles Times Book Festival two years ago. I saw him in conversation with three other authors, one of which was James Rollins (whom I also love). Omg they were great! They were so funny! And it was so interesting to hear how they come up with concepts for their books and how they do research.

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 1 comments L.G. wrote: "Hi! I've read the first 3 Orphan X books and the short Buy a Bullet. I'm looking forward to the 4th book. When you read it, please let me know your impressions."

I have read the latest book (won it on this site), and it is superb! Just as good as the first and second, in my opinion!

message 11: by Brian (new)

Brian | 15 comments Hmmmmm....Guess I'll have to move it up the TBR list.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

L.G. wrote: "Hi! I've read the first 3 Orphan X books and the short Buy a Bullet. I'm looking forward to the 4th book. When you read it, please let me know your impressions."

Will do!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Josen wrote: "Oh I love Gregg Hurwitz! I found him while doing a peruse at my library and even though I've only read 4 of his books, he's become a go-to author for me. I've read:

The Kill Clause
[..."

Which one should I read first?

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Josen wrote: "Speaking of TBR lists I just made mine for 2019. Lol! Well, I tried to pick what I REALLY wanted to read in the next year. Trying to get my TBR from bigger to just big. Lol!

Now back to Hurwitz....."

I'm glad to hear that he's a cool guy in real life!

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

If you can, get the audiobooks narrated by Scott Brick. His voice is the best! He has Evan Smoak down.

message 16: by Brian (new)

Brian | 15 comments Just finished Out of the Dark on audio. Was awesome! Scott Brick does nail it and Evan is a bad ass as usual.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Brian wrote: "Just finished Out of the Dark on audio. Was awesome! Scott Brick does nail it and Evan is a bad ass as usual."

Agree!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Good news on the Agent X front. Hurwitz signed a deal for three more books after Out of the Dark. He's also going to help produce (and co-write) an Agent X show. I'm there!

message 19: by Brian (new)

Brian | 15 comments SWEET!!!!!!!!

message 20: by The Crew (new)

The Crew Reviews (thecrewreviews) | 15 comments We interviewed Gregg on the Crew Reviews podcast about his Orphan X series. Check it out here ...

https://youtu.be/YPeJgSnst-I