Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Naked Empire (Sword of Truth, #8)
This topic is about Naked Empire
Sword of Truth > #8 (Dec) Naked Empire: Finished Reading *Spoilers Likely*

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 825 comments Mod
This is the place for those who have finished reading Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind, Book 8 in The Sword of Truth series. What did you think?

*****WARNING—Spoilers Likely!****

message 2: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathi | 825 comments Mod
Well, hooray for no sexual sadism but boo-hiss for all the haranguing about the supremacy of reason, the value of life and free will, and the importance of the individual.
When Goodkind concentrated on telling the story, really telling the story, this book was interesting and enjoyable. Most of the familiar characters were back and much of the action was well-paced and moved the plot forward. The lectures by Richard (and others, unfortunately) disrupted that pace but, overall, this book hung together pretty well.
The big climax was a bit of a letdown.

Vera Maslow | 37 comments I agree the "lectures" did slow things down here and there. I do like that we got back to more familiar characters but I also expected to have a better character in Richard's sister after coming off a book that was highlighting her. Its like he turned her into too much of the background now.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Naked Empire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Terry Goodkind (other topics)