Play Book Tag discussion

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Harold Fry, #1)
November 2018: Literary Fiction > The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce ~ 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 613 comments Harold receives a letter in the mail from a former co-worker/friend from years ago. The news in the letter is heartbreaking to Harold. What initially starts off as a walk to the mail box to respond to his friend by mail turns into a journey to see her in person....by walking. Along to way Harold has a lot of time to think and remember and just to get to his friend.....without a map or direction, all he knows is to head north.

This is a wonderfully written story about a journey. It's not a race, it's about the journey.

Booknblues | 5781 comments I loved this book and rated it a 5 as well. It made my best of the year when I read it.

I am such a sucker for stories of journeys.

Ellen | 2137 comments So glad you liked it Joni! Now read "Queenie".

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5229 comments I've had this on my TBR list for too long. It's time to move it up.

message 5: by Hayjay315 (new) - added it

Hayjay315 | 222 comments Ever since I added this book to my TBR last month it keeps showing up everywhere. Sounds like a lovely read that I will move to my January get to list.