Goodreads Secret Santa discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Secret Santa > PRESENTS!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (thatgirlbookworm) | 503 comments Mod
This thread is for revealing when you got your present!

message 2: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I got a copy of Beast : A Tale Of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen!!

Thank you so much Santa!!

message 3: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn | 31 comments Wow so fast

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (whopickedthisbook) Deanna wrote: "I got a copy of Beast : A Tale Of Love and Revenge by Lisa Jensen!!

Thank you so much Santa!!"

Ohhh that book sounds good!

message 5: by Mel (new)

A few people should have theirs now because Amazon Prime is incredibly quick!!

message 6: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy | 7 comments Thanks to Amazon I already received my books! I got the Grownup by Gillian Flynn and The Merry Spinster by Mallory Ortberg. Thanks, Secret Santa!!

message 7: by Apoorv (last edited Dec 04, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Apoorv  Moghe (goodreadscomapoorv) | 19 comments Oh. My. God!
I am SO glad that I played blind and let my Secret Santa choose for me, coz boy! was I in for a wonderful surprise, or what?!

Just received my gift and I am thrilled!
... and that book-mark?! *Sigh* ^_^
Aren't you just amazing, O Secret Santa!

THANK YOU, for making my holiday's extra-special! :D
Stay ever-so-blessed! :)

description

message 8: by Mel (new)

Apoorv I really really love that book/series so I hope you also love it!!!! Enjoy :D (not from me, just commenting because that's my favourite series lol)

message 9: by Apoorv (new)

Apoorv  Moghe (goodreadscomapoorv) | 19 comments Mel wrote: "Apoorv I really really love that book/series so I hope you also love it!!!! Enjoy :D (not from me, just commenting because that's my favourite series lol)"

That's just like the cherry on the pie. I can't wait to start reading! Good that I have a cross-globe journey coming up! :D

I am so elated and it's just a joy to see all of us sharing our book love with others! What better can one give while wishing happiness during festivities! :)

Mel, a huge amount of that gratitude is thanks to you! You have got a whole lot of positivity coming your way from all of us for running this heart-warming initiative so passionately!
THANK YOU, a thousand times over! :=D

message 10: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Apoorv wrote: "Oh. My. God!
I am SO glad that I played blind and let my Secret Santa choose for me, coz boy! was I in for a wonderful surprise, or what?!

Just received my gift and I am thrilled!
... and that bo..."

You're very welcome, happy reading! :)

message 11: by Mel (new)

Apoorv wrote: "Mel wrote: "Apoorv I really really love that book/series so I hope you also love it!!!! Enjoy :D (not from me, just commenting because that's my favourite series lol)"

That's just like the cherry ..."

Thank you so much Apoorv, I am really glad everyone is happy and some are already getting books :D You are all very welcome :)

message 12: by Marley (new)

Marley Hartman | 17 comments It is so exciting seeing what everyone gets! Oh I cant wait 😊

message 13: by Mel (new)

For a fun statistic if anyone was curious:

- The most requested author on people's lists was Sarah J Maas
- The most requested editions were the Harry Potter house editions and of the like 7 people who asked, all of them were Hufflepuff except for 1 person who was Slytherin. So you can all be friends lol
- The most requested standalone was Sadie by Courtney Summers

message 14: by Apoorv (new)

Apoorv  Moghe (goodreadscomapoorv) | 19 comments TL wrote: "Apoorv wrote: "You're very welcome, happy reading! :) "

Hey, my Secret Santa! :D
Thank you SO much, TL, for such a lovely book. I am extremely excited and I hope choosing that book for me wasn't too much of a hassle. ^_^

So much joy coming your way for the holidays! :)
description

message 15: by Kushmi (new)

Kushmi (kushih) | 53 comments Mel wrote: "For a fun statistic if anyone was curious:

- The most requested editions were the Harry Potter house editions and of the like 7 peop..."

Oh. That's so cool. :)

message 16: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 57 comments Mel wrote: "For a fun statistic if anyone was curious:

- The most requested editions were the Harry Potter house editions and of the like 7 peop..."

This is really neat :)

message 17: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Mel wrote: "For a fun statistic if anyone was curious:

neat:)

message 18: by TL (new)

TL  | 100 comments Apoorv wrote: "TL wrote: "Apoorv wrote: "You're very welcome, happy reading! :) "

Hey, my Secret Santa! :D
Thank you SO much, TL, for such a lovely book. I am extremely excited and I hope choosing that book for ..."

I love xmas shopping :) You are very welcome!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday too! :)

message 19: by Starla (new)

Starla Pribble | 10 comments Oh my goodness I just received 2 books from my secret santa!🤩. I got Trapped by Michael Northrop and Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. I love it! Thank you so much secret santa, you are amazing🤗

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 36 comments I love that the Harry Potter house versions were the most requested books, especially the Hufflepuff ones! #proud (I requested one as well ;))

message 21: by Steph (new)

Steph | 39 comments Starla wrote: "Oh my goodness I just received 2 books from my secret santa!🤩. I got Trapped by Michael Northrop and Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. I love it! Thank you so much secret santa, you are amazing🤗"

You are so welcome! 😁I hope you enjoy both of them! You've also got a small bookish item coming. It shipped from a different warehouse, but it should be there tomorrow. ❤️

message 22: by Starla (new)

Starla Pribble | 10 comments Steph wrote: "Starla wrote: "Oh my goodness I just received 2 books from my secret santa!🤩. I got Trapped by Michael Northrop and Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. I love it! Thank you so much secret santa, yo..."

Yay! I look forward to it.

message 23: by Aude (new)

Aude Neste | 19 comments I got mine at the post today, but didn't open it yet! Thank you by advance Secret Santa! 🎄🎅

message 24: by Sophi (new)

Sophi Brown (sophilebrun) | 7 comments I got mine today!! Thank you for my book Secret Santa. It was A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. So excited to read it :)

message 25: by Dalar (new)

Dalar P | 20 comments Hi Sophi! I was your secret Santa! I’m very glad that you like it. Happy reading and happy holidays!

message 26: by Maria (new)

Maria Casey (maria_casey) | 9 comments I got mine yesterday. It was What If It's Us by Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli. Thanks you Santa I love it 😇😇😇

message 27: by Auntie Terror (new)

Auntie Terror (auntie_terror) | 25 comments @Maria Casey: Ho ho ho. ;-) Glad you like it.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (s_webster) | 11 comments I received my present yesterday, thanks Secret Santa!

message 29: by Martha (new)

Martha | 69 comments OMG THANK YOU SANTA♥️ I got The death of Mrs Westaway by Ruth ware

That you so much

Martha

message 30: by Martha (new)

Martha | 69 comments Thank you

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I received my secret Santa present and I love it. Thank you for the sweet note, I wish I could have known your mom. She sounds like a wonderful lady.
Merry Christmas.

message 32: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 34 comments Hi Sarah :) I am your secret santa hope you liked your book xx

message 33: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 24 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I received my secret Santa present and I love it. Thank you for the sweet note, I wish I could have known your mom. She sounds like a wonderful lady.
Merry Christmas."

Merry Christmas Elizabeth! I didn't have space to include in the note, but wanted to say - your dear little dog is just beautiful.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (s_webster) | 11 comments Sofie wrote: "Hi Sarah :) I am your secret santa hope you liked your book xx"

Hi Sofie! Thank you so much for the book! I'm already on page 217 I couldn't help myself! xx

message 35: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 34 comments Oh my goodness! Well I suppose that means I picked the right book :p so glad you’re enjoying it babe have a great Christmas xxx

message 36: by Manda (new)

Manda (txtrombone) | 25 comments I’m happy that you’re happy, Maria Casey

message 37: by Nele (new)

Nele (neltjuhv) | 22 comments A huge thanks to my secret Santa! Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson arrived in the mail today and it's just the thing I need right now 😍🎄

message 38: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 36 comments WOOOOH, I received Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng today!!! Thank you Secret Santa, I'm so so excited!

message 39: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 3 comments I received two books today: Matilda by Roald Dahl (very sweet edition) and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood! That's soo cool! I am so happy with these presents. Thank you very much Secret Santa! :)

message 40: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 24 comments The Handmaid's Tale is amazing. Life changing, even.

message 41: by Casey (last edited Dec 10, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

Casey Nick (booksineverycorner) | 1 comments Thank you so much secret santa. I got 2 books books. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab and Alice by Christina Henry.

Again, thank you so much secret santa for both of these books.

message 42: by Manda (new)

Manda (txtrombone) | 25 comments Got my book today! The Art if Keeping Secrets by Barbara O’Neal. Thanks, Santa! 💕💕

message 43: by Mel (new)

Yay I love seeing everyone getting their packages! I have this weird impending sense of doom that mine won't arrive but I'm hoping that isn't the case.

I won't lie, seeing you get your packages makes me so happy that you're all getting your books!! But also... I get to delete my emails finally!! I keep all confirmation emails until you've confirmed you've gotten your books and the organized likes an empty inbox side of me freaks out until this part :P

message 44: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette | 3 comments Amelia wrote: "The Handmaid's Tale is amazing. Life changing, even."

I'm looking forward to start with it.

message 45: by Wenda (new)

Wenda (wenstgermain) | 3 comments Thank you Secret Santa! I received Amor Towels’ Rules of Civility!! Can’t wait to start reading it as his novel A Gentleman in Moscow is one of my all time favorites...

message 46: by Starla (new)

Starla Pribble | 10 comments Steph wrote: "Starla wrote: "Oh my goodness I just received 2 books from my secret santa!🤩. I got Trapped by Michael Northrop and Skipping Christmas by John Grisham. I love it! Thank you so much secret santa, yo..."

I finally got the bookmark! Thank you so much secret santa, I love it!

message 47: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 36 comments I also received The Legend of Sleepy Hollow & other Stories today! Thank you thank you thank you sweet secret Santa!! ❤️

message 48: by Nele (new)

Nele (neltjuhv) | 22 comments The next person you meet in heaven came for me in the mail today. A big thank you to my second secret Santa. 😍❤️

message 49: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (whopickedthisbook) I just received My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis from my secret Santa!! Thank you so much!!! ❤️

message 50: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie  | 57 comments I considered putting mine under the tree but in the end I couldn't wait. Thank you Santa for the gorgeous copy of And I Darken!!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.