Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > December Non Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
Decided to give something else a try? Share with us what non romance you are listening to in December.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4419 comments Mod
I’m still listening to Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding.
Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding

message 3: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1) by Rachel Caine

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding, an interesting story that’s a slow burn. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #9.
Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9) by Tess Gerritsen

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Lee wrote: "Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood Born a Crime Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah"

I enjoyed that book, Lee. I was fascinated by his story.

message 7: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I'm listening to Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1) by Elin Hilderbrand Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand, the narration by Erin Bennett is great. The story is compelling, but I probably should have waited until all of the books are out. A few reviews (which I looked at after I started) say the story ends abruptly. I always try to avoid cliffhangers, they are incredibly irritating.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I'm listening to Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1) by Elin HilderbrandWinter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand, the narration by Erin Bennett is great. The story is compelling, but I probably shoul..."

That’s good to know! I have this on audio.

message 9: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Really enjoyed this short story by John Scalzi:

The Dispatcher The Dispatcher by John Scalzi

Narration by Zachary Quinto was wonderful!

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli & Isles #9, and thought it outstanding. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Desolation Mountain by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #17.
The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9) by Tess Gerritsen Desolation Mountain (Cork O'Connor #17) by William Kent Krueger

message 11: by Sela (last edited Dec 10, 2018 12:12PM) (new)

Sela (selacarsen) | 11 comments Finished Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher last week, narrated by James Marsters. I've read all the Dresden novels (except the last two - I'm still recovering from Changes), and thought I'd enjoy a different perspective on the stories.

I wasn't too thrilled with Marsters' narration until my son pointed out that the somewhat flat/monotone delivery was the perfect style for a noir/detective type of story - which is how the Dresden novels are set up! It changed how I listened, so I ended up quite enjoying it.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Glad that changed your perspective, Sela! I started the series reading the eBooks and switched to audio at #3 and it changed everything for me. I loved how Marsters performs Harry, getting his sardonic wit.

message 13: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Sela wrote: "Finished Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher last week, narrated by James Marsters. I've read all the Dresden novels (except the last two - I'm still recovering from Changes), and thought I'd enjoy a dif..."

Loved Spike as Harry Dresden! Agree with Jonetta, his narration took the series to a whole different level.

If you're looking for something similar to Dresden Files, The Hollows books by Kim Harrison are great. Marguerite Gavin's narration is fantastic.

Dead Witch Walking
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Desolation Mountain by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #17, and loved everything about it. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter, Will Trent #8 (SO good).
Desolation Mountain (Cork O'Connor #17) by William Kent Krueger The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8) by Karin Slaughter

message 15: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 23, 2018 08:26AM) (new)

I finished listening to The Kept Woman by Karin Slaughter, Will Trent #8, and it was fantastic! I’m glad I delayed listening since the next book was only just announced. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan.
The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8) by Karin Slaughter The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.