Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > December Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
It is the last month of the year! What romance are you ending 2018 with? Please share your thoughts.

message 2: by Keewatin (new)

Keewatin  | 72 comments I am making my way through Sarina Bowen's True North series, just finished Steadfast (True North, #2) by Sarina Bowen Steadfast and have started Keepsake (True North, #3) by Sarina Bowen Keepsake. I don't know why I never continued with this series the first time I read Bittersweet (True North, #1) by Sarina Bowen Bittersweet, because it is super smoky hot!!

message 3: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I'm listening to Beginner's Luck by Kate Clayborn.
I like the plot and dual narration so far, I hope it holds up.

Beginner's Luck (Chance of a Lifetime #1) by Kate Clayborn

** Available at Scribd for those with subscriptions.

message 6: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Ian's book, Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost which I read as ebook when it came out. Mostly fun listen but while I usually like Tavia Gilbert narration I didn't care for how she read some of the characters especially Xun Chian. I don't like Xun Chian but it makes no sense that a hundreds of years old vampire who travels the world enforcing the law and is probably very multi lingual pronounces English "L" words with "R" sound, even including the word law. I found it annoying, nonsensical and off-putting. Won't be buying the audio on this one even though I plan to re-read/listen to series before next book.

message 7: by Melanie♥ (last edited Dec 11, 2018 06:28AM) (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments I'm about halfway through Dear Agony by Georgia Cates Dear Agony.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Melanie♥ wrote: "I'm about halfway through Dear Agony by Georgia CatesDear Agony."

Sounds like a good book.

message 9: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments I'm enjoying it so far, but I can see a bittersweet ending due to the hero's diagnosis.

message 10: by Keewatin (new)

Keewatin  | 72 comments Finally starting Perversion (Perversion Trilogy, #1) by T.M. Frazier Perversion, I was waiting for all the books to be released!!

Also, about halfway through Swallow Me Whole by Gemma James Swallow Me Whole, which is quite steamy!

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Finished Until July Until July (Until Her/Him, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds and I'm more than halfway through Last Kiss Last Kiss (Hitman, #3) by Jessica Clare

message 12: by Samantha (new)

I really enjoyed Last Kiss Last Kiss (Hitman, #3) by Jessica Clare . I'm going straight into Last Hope by Jessica Clare Last Hope (Hitman, #4) by Jessica Clare

message 13: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Listened to The Billionaire's Christmas (The Sinclairs, #0.5) by J.S. Scott The Billionaire's Christmas then am going on to paranormal romance. I have no idea why I find shifter Christmas stories so entertaining but I do. I am working my way through whatever I already have or can find especially if it is audio. Christmas in the Kitchen by Nalini Singh Christmas in the Kitchen is short but cute slice of life psy-changeling story.
Harmony Raines has Christmas stories with bears and though I haven't found them as audio they are still fun.
I have a list of about 200 holiday books most of them paranomal romance some I have some are available from library. Don't think I am going to run out of books.

message 14: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 475 comments Starting Good Time Good Time by Jana Aston by Jana Aston

message 15: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I finished No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13; Baltimore, #2) by Karen Rose No One Left to Tell by Karen Rose yesterday. I enjoyed it, but now I definitely need something light and funny.

Next up - Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata.

message 16: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Home for the Holidays A Night Huntress Novella by Jeaniene Frost Home for the Holidays: A Night Huntress Novella After finishing Ian's book Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Shades of Wicked I decided re-read Home for the Holidays to pick up on threads I might have missed. I found I liked it better after reading the Ian book. What happened just made more sense in light of the information in Shades of Wicked.

message 17: by Samantha (new)

message 18: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Another holiday listen, Christmas with a Prince (Rothman Royals Book 4) by Noelle Adams Christmas with a Prince by Noelle Adams. Well written and narrated but not what I expected. Though characters are older than those in most NA it felt like NA redemption book. I think others would like it more than I did. From cover I was expecting romantic comedy. From description and title I was expecting Christmas, possibly with others in family and community. Too much dwelling on April's problems, too little Christmas, too little Henry. It wasn't what I expected but I stayed with it because of quality writing and narration.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4417 comments Mod
I’ve got a couple of books by this author on my shelf, both with a Christmas theme. Good to know.

message 20: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments Samantha wrote: "Starting It Ends with Us by Colleen HooverIt Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover"

I loved It Ends with Us, I hope you like it!

I finished Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata and liked it. Not my favorite Mariana Zapata novel, but it was still entertaining.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

I hope I like it too, KathyB.

message 22: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I started Brooklynaire (Brooklyn Bruisers, #4) by Sarina Bowen Brooklynaire by Sarina Bowen yesterday. So far I'm enjoying it, narration is great!

** FYI - I saw on another Goodreads group that KU is discounted 33% for a 12 month membership. Normally it's 119.88, now priced at $80.31.

Here's the link - https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/ku/...

message 23: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I finished A New Hope A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8) by Robyn Carr yesterday. Another solid story by Robyn Carr. I've really enjoyed the Thunder Point series, I'll be sad when it's over.

Now listening to Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely. It's pretty good so far, nice dual POV narration.

** Both of these books are available with Audible romance package.

message 24: by Jonetta (last edited Dec 27, 2018 05:12PM) (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished A New Hope A New Hope (Thunder Point, #8) by Robyn Carr yesterday. Another solid story by Robyn Carr. I've really enjoyed the Thunder Point series, I'll be sad when it's over.

Now li..."

So glad you’re enjoying Thunder Point, Kathy.

message 25: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments When I listen to Robyn Carr I just sink in and enjoy her created world and characters. Some complain about how slow the romance is to develop but not me. To me the romance starts at the first hello. In most cases we get to see first meeting and I enjoy how the story and characters progress. In the case of younger characters we see book by book how they mature.
Favorite Robyn Carr character: Walt Arneson. Every year when I see the motorcycle parade toy drive I think Walt would sponsor something like that. He would surely ride in it, probably dressed as Santa in a group with all his friends and employees plus many of his customers.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

I’m with you, LJ, loving how you describe the feeling you get reading her stories.

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan and absolutely loved it! Here’s my review.

I’m listening to In Flames by Jessica Jayne.
The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan In Flames by Jessica Jayne

message 28: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments Jonetta wrote: "I’m with you, LJ, loving how you describe the feeling you get reading her stories."

I agree with you & LJ, I love her writing style and the way she builds a story. It also helps to have the perfect narrator - Therese Plummer.

Believe it or not, my first time picking up a Robyn Carr novel was in January. I think I'll remember 2018 as the year I fell in love with Robyn Carr. ;-) Thanks to this group I've been introduced to so many new authors, I've listened to some fantastic stories. Thanks for all you do for the group!

**L J - I had to search for Walt Arneson since I didn't recognize his name. I haven't read/listened to A Summer in Sonoma, thanks for listing his name. Now I have another Robyn Carr book to look forward to in 2019.

message 29: by L J (last edited Dec 28, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments KathyB wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I’m with you, LJ, loving how you describe the feeling you get reading her stories."

I agree with you & LJ, I love her writing style and the way she builds a story. It also helps to..."

You've met Walt. Remember the motorcycle guys who come to the rescue of the stranded female motorist and change her tire in the rain? Also, I think in another book, he shows up to eat and compliment Preacher's cooking.
ETA: I'm pretty sure the book with the motorcycle guys is Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16) by Robyn Carr Redwood Bend but my memory of the other appearance is vague enough I'd just be guessing.
Time to go through them all again starting with the Grace Valley Trilogy Complete Collection Deep in the Valley\Just Over the Mountain\Down by the River (A Grace Valley Novel) by Robyn Carr Grace Valley Trilogy Complete Collection: Deep in the Valley\Just Over the Mountain\Down by the River.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I agree with you & LJ, I love her writing style and the way she builds a story. It also helps to have the perfect narrator - Therese Plummer.

I think I'll remember 2018 as the year I fell in love with Robyn Carr. ;-).."

Makes me wish I was reading the series again for the first time.

message 31: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments L J wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I’m with you, LJ, loving how you describe the feeling you get reading her stories."

I agree with you & LJ, I love her writing style and the way she builds a story. I..."

Ahhh, yes I remember the motorcycle group helping change the tire. I didn't realize that was Walt.

message 32: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments KathyB wrote: "L J wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "I’m with you, LJ, loving how you describe the feeling you get reading her stories."
I agree with you & LJ, I love her writing style and the way she build...
Ahhh, yes I remember the motorcycle group helping change the tire. I didn't realize that was Walt."

Walt is the first one to get off his motorcycle, the scary, hairy, big one, with lots of chains who tells the others what to do and actually changes the tire. He mentions his mother and his wife.

message 33: by L J (last edited Dec 29, 2018 11:16PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments I'm trying to finish books I've had for a while especially those books that are in series before getting more.
The Billionaire's Counterfeit Girlfriend (The Pryce Family, #1) by Nadia Lee The Billionaire's Counterfeit Girlfriend by Nadia Lee. The good: writing and narration, interesting main characters with likable friends who help with courtship and there were bits that were humorous. The bad: too angsty to suit me, main characters have awful relatives who are on stage way too much causing trouble and heartache. While connected to both earlier and later books I haven't read this worked well as a standalone.
ETA: Present day and none of the characters are getting professional counseling? That did not make sense but then if they'd dealt with their issues there wouldn't have been as much story.

message 34: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Sinful Empire by Meghan March Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3) by Meghan March

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.