Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 01, 2018 02:40AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
After you've finished your book(s), use this thread to write or post a link to your review below. A long story or just a few lines: by sharing your bookish thoughts, you help your fellow readers find a new great book! (or leave a bad one alone).

Please keep spoilers under spoiler tags! You can do this by typing < spoiler>SPOILER HERE< /spoiler> and removing the spaces. Thank you. ♥

message 2: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
I finished The Chase and gave it 3 stars. This is the start of a spin-off series to Off-Campus, which is one of my all-time favourite series. I've been really looking forward to Fitz's story because he's a gamer, but I didn't like it as much as I had hoped. Still, a quick read and Elle Kennedy is always enjoyable. The next book is already pre-ordered.

message 3: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 14, 2018 02:21AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
I finished Station Zero and gave it 3,5 stars. It's the finale of a middle-grade scifi series about sentient trains traveling through the galaxy, a thief and a robot, and a heist that sets lots of trouble into motion. It's a very exciting and fun adventure, but you should really read the books right after another to best feel the rush of the series.

Definitely a series I would recommend to others, and here is my review

message 4: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I finished The Kiss Quotient last night. The first half is a 4/5 for me, the second half a 2/5, so I combined the two and went for 3/5 in total. Come discuss the book with us on our buddy read thread. :)

message 5: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 17, 2018 03:25AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
And I just finished writing my own review about The Kiss Quotient, which I gave 3,5 stars, which you can read here.
And like Inge said, come join us in the buddy-read thread for fun talk and discussions. Do you think this book deserved to win the Goodreads Romance award?

message 6: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 24, 2018 05:16AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
I finished The Winter's Tale, the Shakespeare play I saved especially for this month. It turned out to be much more hilarious ánd tragic than I thought: especially the part where Leontes shames his wife put the #MeToo-trials in my head.
Sadly, I didn't think the text so good to rate the play higher than 3,5 stars, but I will definitely recommend it to others!

For more details, here is my review

message 7: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I've just finished Sleeping Giants. In a bit of a reading slump, but the interview format made it really easy to read, plus it was so interesting! 90% of the time I had no idea what was going on, and I liked that. Gave it 4 stars.

message 8: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Inge wrote: "I've just finished Sleeping Giants. In a bit of a reading slump, but the interview format made it really easy to read, plus it was so interesting! 90% of the time I had no idea what..."

Yes, I'm so happy you liked it Inge! The second book is maybe my favorite of the series because the situation gets really wild in that one, but Sleeping Giants is a great start :D

message 9: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Puck wrote: "Inge wrote: "I've just finished Sleeping Giants. In a bit of a reading slump, but the interview format made it really easy to read, plus it was so interesting! 90% of the time I had..."

I just bought Waking Gods, I've decided to just continue reading while everything is still fresh ^_^

message 10: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (ontheothersideofreality) | 183 comments Here are the reviews for just a few of the books I read this month: Phantoms as Euphemisms for Disaster by N.L. Shompole (a beautiful poetry book about heartbreak, gender inequality, and the author's African heritage), Pride by Ibi Zoboi (a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice), and The Rose and the Balloon by Kirsten Fichter (a short steampunk Beauty & the Beast retelling). Overall, I loved Phantoms, liked Pride, and would probably pass on Rose + Balloon if I were to go back in time.

message 11: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (last edited Dec 29, 2018 03:44AM) (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Eleanor wrote: "Here are the reviews for just a few of the books I read this month: Phantoms as Euphemisms for Disaster by N.L. Shompole (a beautiful poetry book about heartbreak, gender inequality, and the author..."

I just got Pride for Christmas, so I'm happy to hear you liked it Eleanor! P&P isn't actually my favorite Austen - that's Persuasion - but to see it replay in the Bronx, that I want to check out.