Play Book Tag discussion

Everything Here Is Beautiful
This topic is about Everything Here Is Beautiful
November 2018: Literary Fiction > Everything Here is Beautiful - Mira T Lee - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments Meh is how I felt about this book. I listened to the audio, and whilst some of it was well done some of the characters voices irritated me and I wonder if that influenced my overall enjoyment. I just never really connected. It kicked off well and I did think at the beginning that it was going to be great, but the chopping and changing from first to third person through multiple characters took away from the power of the story. When I was listening to it I felt as though it was going for ever and ever, so I was surprised that it came in at under 400 pages. I really felt as though it could have lost a few hundred pages! I did appreciate that it was an authentic representation of mental illness, and it effectively portrayed the varying opinions and experiences. I can't really put my finger on what it was missing, but it ended up feeling lacklustre.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8855 comments This author wrote another book and I am forgetting which one. That's good to know Susie how you felt about it. I hope you get some great reads this month!

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1207 comments You helped me make up my mind. I was looking at it, but I think I’ll pass. So many books, so little time...

Holly R W | 1388 comments I really loved this book, reading it in paper form. I wonder if you would have liked it more if you read the book, instead of listened to it. Perhaps, multiple narrators are easier to make sense of with the written word.