Monthly Challenges discussion

December 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Dec 01, 2018 02:41AM) (new)

Diana S | 2129 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber Becoming by Michelle Obama The Gown A Novel of the Royal Wedding by Jennifer Robson The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1) by Kathleen Fuller

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Becoming by Michelle Obama & The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1) by Kathleen Fuller

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: The Revolution of Marina M. by Janet Fitch Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5) by Mary Balogh The Secret Language of Cats by Susanne Schötz Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel #1) by Eli Easton

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 474 comments I'll start:

My five are:

The Infinite Blacktop (Claire DeWitt Mysteries, #3) by Sara Gran Snap by Belinda Bauer A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Dec 18, 2018 06:56AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 723 comments I pick for Marilyn
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi and The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer

My five:
Christmas Camp A Novel by Karen Schaler Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Delicious! by Ruth Reichl A Deal to Die For (Good Buy Girls, #2) by Josie Belle

message 4: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 2129 comments Mod
For Tessa, I pick: Christmas Camp by Karen Schaler and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

My five:
Angelology (Angelology, #1) by Danielle Trussoni Welcome to Braggsville by T. Geronimo Johnson Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer Finding George Orwell in Burma by Emma Larkin

message 5: by Linda C (last edited Dec 10, 2018 07:36PM) (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 853 comments For Diana I pick:

Angelology (Angelology, #1) by Danielle Trussoni and Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig

My five:
Rekindling Motives (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #2) by Elaine Orr Breach of Promise to Marry A History of How Jilted Brides Settled Scores by Denise Bates A Town Called Christmas by Carrie Alexander The Key (Deed, #2) by Lynsay Sands Blood Jungle Ballet (Jungle Beat #4) by John Enright

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 478 comments For Linda I pick
Breach of Promise to Marry A History of How Jilted Brides Settled Scores by Denise Bates Blood Jungle Ballet (Jungle Beat #4) by John Enright

Here are my 5
My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6) by Krista Davis Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard, #1) by Charlaine Harris Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs Dire Threads (Threadville Mystery, #1) by Janet Bolin

message 7: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 853 comments Not sure who else is left, so I'll do it back for you Amber

I pick:
The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6) by Krista Davis and Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard, #1) by Charlaine Harris