2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle"s reading Plan - December 2018

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Dec 01, 2018 12:37AM) (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments This month is going to be crazy so I hope I get a few good reads in. Otherwise its just a few this and that
And my hope of finishing those outstanding challenges.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Dec 31, 2018 11:14PM) (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Buddy🗯 , BOTM 🅱 and challenge reads 📌
✔ Missing in death 🗯

Next in Series 📚
✔ Happy Spank-O-Ween- Tymber Dalton
✔ The rehearsal dinner - J. R. Ward🗯
✔ The reception 🗯
✔ Consumed 🗯

Binge read 🗃📖
Nov'18
Down and Dirty series Jeanne St James
⏸ Slade
Dawg
Dex

this is binging to get to the ones I need
K. A Merikan🏍
No matter what
Red hot
Loki's new job

reminding myself of what's what

rereading (cos nothing else looks good )

Standalones 📔
✔ a Gentleman for Christmas - Prescott Lane
✔ Judge - Alexa Riley🔶
✔ The man in the mirror -Georgia le Carre 🔶
✔ The wife arrangement - Penny Wylder🔶
✔ my Holiday Joy -Jordan Silver🔶

Didn't plan on it ( impulse reads 🔶)
✔ Taken -Jordan Silver
✔ Bred -Jordan Silver
✔ my best friends daughter -Jordan Silver
✔ loving my best friends daughter -Jordan Silver
✔ A brother's salvation -AJ Downey🏍
✔ Outcast -Lexi Blake
✔ numb as a statue - Tymber Dalton
✔ pure awakening- Aja James
✔ take me fast - Vanessa Vale
✔ sell my soul - Jade West
➜ Buy my soul- Jade West
✔ just a bit Gay -Alessandra Hazard

Missing in Death (In Death, #29.5) by J.D. Robb The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5) by J.R. Ward The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. Ward Consumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward A Gentleman for Christmas by Prescott Lane Judge (Breeding, #5) by Alexa Riley Taken (Taken, #1) by Jordan Silver Bred (Taken, #2) by Jordan Silver A Brother's Salvation by A.J. Downey A Low Blue Flame (Indigo Knights #3) by A.J. Downey His Wild Blue Rose (Indigo Knights #4) by A.J. Downey Outcast (Hunter, #4; Thieves, #9) by Lexi Blake The Man In The Mirror by Georgia Le Carre Suit and Tied (Suncoast Society, #83) by Tymber Dalton Happy Spank-O-Ween (Suncoast Society, #84) by Tymber Dalton Numb As a Statue (Suncoast Society, #85) by Tymber Dalton Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5) by Aja James Take Me Fast (Bridgewater County, #3) by Vanessa Vale The Wife Arrangement by Penny Wylder Sell My Soul (Sixty Days, #1) by Jade West My Best Friend's Daughter (Sex and Marriage, #1) by Jordan Silver Loving My Best Friend's Daughter (Sex and Marriage, #2) by Jordan Silver My Holiday Joy by Jordan Silver Just a Bit Gay (Straight Guys #9) by Alessandra Hazard The Wife Arrangement by Penny Wylder

Carried over and waiting
November '18
✔ Suit and tie -Tymber Dalton

September '18
Cross ties -Esther E. Schmidt
⏸ Personal disaster

August '18
✔ a low blue flame-A. J. Downey 🏍
✔ His wild blue flame A. J. Downey 🏍
⏸Dishonest - Bethany-Kris

July '18
⏸ The choice - Shayla black

June ’18
Fire in his blood - Ruby Dixon (Lal ch)📌
Saddle and spurred - Lorelei James (Lal ch)📌
corralled -Lorelei James

April '18
No escape - Jaid Black 👽 (LAL TBR)📌
Undaunted -Crystal Daniels 🏍
Pestilence-Laura Thalassa ( 🅱)

January '18
Wild - Adrienne Wilder ( started but just didnt feel it)

September '17
Primal law -J D. Tyler ( LAL challenge)📌

Sinner's revenge -Kim Jones
Anna Zaire boxset - twist me, capture me
American prince ☆

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments A-Z Biker Babes challenge 🏍

E
M
O

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments LAL TBR Challenge

14 Fire in his blood -Ruby Dixon
15Raven - Finn Scarlett
16No escape - Jade Black
17Royal - Winter renshaw
18Instant gratification - Kim Dare
19That alien feeling -Alessandra Hazard

22Try -Ella Frank
23Don't leave me alone -Jenny Wood
24Saddle and spur - Lorelei James

message 5: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Wow, lots of books to choose from!

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2364 comments Good luck with your reading.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Jessika wrote: "Wow, lots of books to choose from!"

If only i stick to this list and not wonder into titles or covers or this-looks-good reads LOL

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Nice plan!
Yes, the end of the year is always hectic. Enjoy!

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Did you like Judge? I've never read Alexa Riley.
Sinners Revenge by Kim Jones looks interesting. I've been meaning to look up her orpther books since I loved That guy so much.
Enjoy your books.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10634 comments Mod
Enjoy your reading this month, Michelle! I’m hoping you love at least most of them.

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Dec 04, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Laura wrote: "Did you like Judge? I've never read Alexa Riley.
Sinners Revenge by Kim Jones looks interesting. I've been meaning to look up her orpther books since I loved That guy so much.
Enjoy your books."

I read That guy as well last month. And yes I loved it. As for sinner's revenge it's the second book in a series. It's set in the biker world so if you don't mind the 1% aspect you should enjoy it. Why I've not read that one? The first one ending was unexpected way and I haven't been able to start this second one

The thing with Alexa Riley is all about the Erotic /smutty reads. Some are instalove a, some have triggers like old /young love or step siblings. It's usually short reads. All unbelievable really but she's part of my guilty authors. Maybe try Curvy

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Dec 04, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Jonetta wrote: "Enjoy your reading this month, Michelle! I’m hoping you love at least most of them."

Thanx Jonetta. I've now added Wedding from hell. Doing a buddy read with Laura

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Michelle wrote: "Laura wrote: "Did you like Judge? I've never read Alexa Riley.
Enjoy..."

Good to know. I used to be in a Facebook book club that Melissa from Alexa Riley ran, until she quit it. I had no clue that she was 1/2 the writing duo until recently. I was surprised. The triggers don't bother me, I think it's the shortness of them that I didn't want to fork out the money. I will check out Curvy sometime.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5) by J.R. Ward The Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. Ward Consumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward

Buddy read with Laura

Let me start by saying I really loved this book. I loved the tasters as I think of it, the first two novellas. They really did wet the appetite to read the book. i love all the characters and this read like a typical set up for all the rest to get their own story.
Danny was liked from the start. I must say I felt for him. Loving someone and being seen as the stuf in the squad. Don't get me wrong he build the rep but then when o goes for his love ? Yes not a smooth sail at all As for Anne ? Just as loveable and I really hated that chip on her shoulder. It really prevented her from moving forward in her life and love.

This was written in a style that I just couldn't put down the book. Fast paced and so see less that you don't realize where the time has gone. Highly recommend this book

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments A Brother's Salvation The Sacred Brotherhood Book VII by A.J. Downey

This was a happy find. Didn't know it was coming and then to find it's the last in the series right in the end? First I'll say that I love when a author actually bothers to do that. Ends a series and let's you know. That's what this was. A long epilogue. Just a look to see where everyone is and how it all turns out.

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle wrote: "The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5) by J.R. WardThe Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. WardConsumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward

Buddy read with Laura

Let me start by saying I really loved this book. I loved the taster..."

Really glad you found these three books a great reading experience!

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Jonetta it seems this months reading is going to be so much better than last month. Everything I've read so far has been good. I'm reading what looks good to my gut or eyes? Know what I mean. Sometimes I've got to judge a book by it's cover and other times my mind says this is the one.

As for these three? Really loved it. Loved the whole concept of free novellas that get you hooked into the characters and story. Although the the first few chapters of the novel was dark.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

I know exactly what you mean and am happy your reading has taken an upturn.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2204 comments Michelle wrote: "The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5) by J.R. WardThe Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. WardConsumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward

Buddy read with Laura

Let me start by saying I really loved this book. I loved the taster..."

I enjoyed our buddy read Michelle. We think alike. 5 star read for me.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "The Rehearsal Dinner (The Wedding From Hell, #1; Firefighters, #0.5) by J.R. WardThe Reception (The Wedding From Hell, #2; Firefighters, #0.6) by J.R. WardConsumed (Firefighters, #1) by J.R. Ward

Buddy read with Laura

Let me start by saying I really loved this book. I..."

Really loved reading along with you. And as you said we think similarly. That's always a plus. And now we have a date for the next one if and when.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments A Brother's Salvation by A.J. Downey

this was a last in a series. I hadn't been aware that the author had decided this is the last until the end of the book and read that. This was how this book read. Touching on everyone basically and where they all were. But obviously concentrated on Dragon and his ol' lady. There was some heartache but I loved the fiery ol' lady. Dragon had been lonely for a while and in need of some good woman by his side.
This was a sweet remanded and a great way to end a series

A Low Blue Flame (Indigo Knights #3) by A.J. Downey His Wild Blue Rose (Indigo Knights #4) by A.J. Downey
So as these 2 books have been carrying over for a while I thought why not? This Is a new series by this author . It's a biker club made up of law enforcement and emergency service etc. very tame as far as biker world is concerned. More low burn romances than your average biker fare. Both books was friends to more with history. Golden from his wild rose did not make for a great start( bringing one and done's for the first few months of sharing the house with his love interest . Okay at that point she was just a roommate but still! And then to go from that to his true love?! ). Ja I had a few issues with the story arc but the twist and romance kinda made up for that.

These feels like it's A first foray which it's not for this author. Yes Downeys other books were light on the biker world but this series is even light. The club are brothers and are there to help each other with ever one having cuts and motorbikes. I suppose I need something this light for when I have the darker side of motorcycle club

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2242 comments The Man In The Mirror by Georgia Le Carre

Georgia le Carre always manage to make the hero strong, alpha and damaged , not just emotionally but also physically. Brent had been in a horrible accident and becomes a recluse in his own castle wearing a mask to hide his disfigurement. Enter the nanny who has no clue into the disfuctions of the household, lighting a fire within Brett that has been missing maybe from before the accident. Charlotte was strong and I admired he spunk as far as the son went. But all this while Brett is still married to the wicked witch. So if cheating in whatever form is a trigger stay away.

As usual this was interesting with some hawtness and insta love thrown in.