What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction, an assassin who can increase or decrease his weight is captured by a wizard who then frees the assassin in exchange for accompanying the naive crown prince on a journey. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dominic (new)

Dominic | 3 comments I read the book in late 1990's. the story is about an assassin who is wise in the world but was eventually captured by a wizard of the crown. this wizard wants to get rid of the crown prince who was naive and still believes in chivalry from books he has read. the wizard then commissions the assassin to accompany the prince across the land in the hope that the assassin will kill the prince. the assassin, having no choice in the matter, agrees. in the course of the journey the assassin slowly takes pity on the prince because as the prince was so ignorant of his kingdom, he nonetheless cares for his people. to cut the story short the assassin helps the prince get rid of the wizard. in the book the wizard has the ability to fly so to kill him the assassin clings to the wizard as he takes flight and because the he can increase his weight, he then makes himself so heavy that they both fall to the ground thereby ending the life of the wizard.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Dominic, why does the assassin have no choice? Who are assassin's typical targets, how does he kill them, and who does he work for?

Why is the prince traveling across the land? Are his parents alive?

Is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults? Any romance?

message 3: by Dominic (new)

Dominic | 3 comments Kris, I forgot the exact plot. The assassin is a wanted man in the kingdom and was captured by the wizard. As far as i remember he's a free agent. I think the wizard convinced the prince to take the journey in order to give the assassin a chance to kill him. It's a book for teens i suppose since the plot is not that complex.

message 4: by Dominic (new)

Dominic | 3 comments I forgot the exact plot. The assassin is a wanted man in the kingdom. As far as i remember he's a free agent.