Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
This topic is about Fallen
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Fallen [Jun 13, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Fallen - Benedict Jacka. June 13th.

Brittany | 150 comments I am absolutely in for this one!

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Woo... I love these books... so much crazy sh!t happens... sad to know we're approaching the end of the series... only 2-3 books left, I think... Jacka has made a couple comments on his website about it... it's reached a point where he's actively started thinking about what he's going to write next, once the series is over...

Brittany | 150 comments Yeah there's going to be 12 books in total with the last one likely out in 2021. I'm sad it will be ending but at the same time glad its not going to be extremely dragged out.

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Brittany wrote: "Yeah there's going to be 12 books in total with the last one likely out in 2021. I'm sad it will be ending but at the same time glad its not going to be extremely dragged out."

Exactly... each book has been better and better, but things need to resolve, eventually...

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Release has been pushed to October 10th, so we need to push the BR to October 17th

Brittany | 150 comments Damn, good to know though

message 8: by Montzalee (last edited Jun 06, 2019 02:12PM) (new)

Montzalee Wittmann (montziew) I just gotmy notice for a buddy read but this book isn't out until October.

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Yea... I mentioned we need to push the BR to October 17th, just hasn't been updated in other places...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments I've ordered my book from Amazon, should get here tomorrow if anyone still wants to read it.

message 11: by Charlie (last edited Oct 22, 2019 02:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Started this, 4 chapters in, really enjoying it. It's good to be back in this world again. I can't remember much of the last book honestly but it's not really affecting me understanding of this book so far. I will say, I still hate (view spoiler)

Brittany | 150 comments Once I finally get myself a copy I'll read it and join in on the discussion

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments 12 chapters in (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Forgot about this, since it never got updated date... getting my copy now...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Finished this last night. I flew through it, read the whole thing in less than 24 hours at the detriment of my other books. (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments About to read myself... ended up doing Unkindest Tide first...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Hope you like this on Iain, I thought it was brilliant, I just wish it were longer.

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Chapter 5: Typical Alex... (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Charlie wrote: "Started this, 4 chapters in, really enjoying it. It's good to be back in this world again. I can't remember much of the last book honestly but it's not really affecting me understanding of this boo..."

Basically this...

message 20: by Timelord Iain (last edited Oct 23, 2019 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Chapter 7: This is going to be horrible... (view spoiler)

Richard: (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Chapter 12: OK... this is awesome... (view spoiler)

message 22: by Timelord Iain (last edited Oct 23, 2019 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Charlie wrote: "12 chapters in holy crap!..."

Reading your spoilers early had me worried... but for the most part, (view spoiler)

I'm still near the beginning of chapter 12 tho, so maybe my comments are inaccurate...

EDIT: Finished the fight sequence: (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Charlie wrote: "12 chapters in holy crap!..."

Reading your spoilers early had me worried... but for the most part, I'm still rooting for Alex, and can see that his nature hasn't changed much... he..."

I agree with pretty much all of this Iain. I think the white council need to get their heads out of their hypocritical asses. Not all dark mages are murdering lunatics and some white mages absolutely are

Alex and the other dark mages who are relatively normal people need to be able to have a say in this world. There has to be some balance.

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Finished... not too surprised... every book ends with enough lingering plotlines/cliffhangers to wish we didn't have to wait a year for the next book... at least since about the halfway point of the series, when (view spoiler)

One of the things I love about this series is the realistic timescale... so many UF series seem to take place in a crazy small time frame... some of these books span a whole year on the page... and it's been 6+ years now since the beginning of the series...

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments I love the timeframe too, makes all the character growth seem really organic.

Brittany | 150 comments Read it a couple weeks ago, I agree with what has been said here.

(view spoiler)
Looking very forward to the next book. Only 2 to go.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4490 comments @Brittany (view spoiler)

Brittany | 150 comments @Charlie (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Would be nice to see someone manage it, considering Delio...

message 31: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas (nicolasgravina) | 2 comments hey,does anyone knows about Benedict Jacka's Ask luna posts? is a posting thing he's been doing for a couple years here he answers things in character as Luna.
Can anyone tell me how do i sent a question?

Timelord Iain | 16630 comments Nicolas wrote: "hey,does anyone knows about Benedict Jacka's Ask luna posts? is a posting thing he's been doing for a couple years here he answers things in character as Luna.
Can anyone tell me how do i sent a qu..."

http://benedictjacka.co.uk/ask-luna/

message 33: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas (nicolasgravina) | 2 comments Thanks!