What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Y/A (fantasy?) book maybe first of series (read 07/08) Group of teenagers with Vikings/Fighters Either time traveled or alternate world

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Nov 30, 2018 10:08PM) (new)

Samantha | 3 comments I was in middle school at the time and it was a group reading assentment (I don’t talk to anyone from there) So in 07/08, however I got the impression that the books might have been written sooner (like 90’s but maybe not), since I was in 8th grade at the time and I think the books, it was a series from what the teacher told us and I had always planned on reading the rest just got busy, the actual plot was a group of 4? teenagers (I can’t remember if they knew each other before the adventure or not) got picked up and either went back in time or to an alternate world with Vikings. There was one girl in the group I recall her making a comment about the females being crasser than the males while on the ship. She also at one point gets tied up or I think rather chained up. She was saved by one of the others. I want to say that when the chapters would change the POV would change with the character also. Something had to do with the new world they were in with one of the males dad I think (spoilers?) I’m pretty sure at the end of the book they’re still in that Viking world. Oh and the books wasn’t that long maybe 150-200 pages. Definitely less than 300 pages and I feel like the cover was purple for some reason but not sure

Sorry for it being rambly. It’s late a night where I’m at but this has been bothering me for years now and for some reason TONIGHT it’s just buzzing in my head and not letting me sleep XD

07/08 I read it but I feel like it was written much earlier than that
Group of teenagers one female
Either went back in time or alternate world of Vikings/Fighters
I think the ones dad invauled with why they’re there
(Spoiler) I think they’re still trapped in the world at the end
Shorter book
Maybe purple cover?

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 02, 2018 01:56PM) (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
A guess - Raiders from the Sea: An Ardalba Story by Maire Welford? It's a time travel series. In the first? book The Black Bull of Ardalba: "Exploring mysterious local caves, the four children find a path that leads them to ancient Ireland and Ardalba..." (from Google Books snippet search).

Samantha, can we eliminate The Viking Saga by Christopher Tebbetts?

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 3 comments Kris wrote: "A guess - Raiders from the Sea: An Ardalba Story by Maire Welford? It's a time travel series. In the first? book The Black Bull of Ardalba: "Exploring m..."

Kris wrote: "A guess - Raiders from the Sea: An Ardalba Story by Maire Welford? It's a time travel series. In the first? book The Black Bull of Ardalba: "Exploring m..."

You’re correct in the face that the second book wasn’t it and the first one might be but it doesn’t feel right? I could have sworn they were teenagers. 13-16 year olds. But thanks for helping

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (baticeer) | 51 comments searching turned up The Wind Eye, maybe? (reviews also say it involves a Christian saint -- so maybe not likely for a school assignment, unless you went to a Catholic school or something, haha)

message 6: by Samantha (last edited Dec 04, 2018 06:22PM) (new)

Samantha | 3 comments Ellie wrote: "searching turned up The Wind Eye, maybe? (reviews also say it involves a Christian saint -- so maybe not likely for a school assignment, unless you went to a Catholic school or somet..."

No the kids weren’t family as long as I remember. I think they might have known each other from school but I don’t think they were friends or anything before the adventure started but thanks! I know there wasn’t a Christan tone to it and no I didn’t go to a Catholic school XD