I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What are you reading right now? > What are you reading right now? (December 2018)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (last edited Nov 30, 2018 09:29PM) (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 633 comments Mod
It's the last month of the year!! Have you finished the IRCB reading challenge for this year? Do you have any other comics/manga/OGNs you're trying to finish before the end of the year?

If you're interested in what the IRCB crew is reading every week that isn't posted here already, make sure to check out our Top of My Pile posts on Patreon !

message 2: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 203 comments Mod
I am three books away from finishing the Reading Challenge! I want to re-read Lumberjanes and Sailor Moon before I mark them "read" since I read them both multiple years ago. I also need to finish Batman: Arkham Asylum. I started this in digital and had a hard time with the font used for the Joker's lines, which make up a significant portion of the dialogue. I checked this out from the library in print, so hopefully my second attempt will be better.

I read Vampironica #1 - Archie Horror. It came out in March and has been sitting in my to-read pile since then. I liked the focus on Veronica for this story, and I generally like the art in the Archie comics. I'll probably track down the trade for this some time.

I also read William Gibson's Alien 3 #1 (the un-made movie script). So far I'm really into it. I haven't watched Aliens recently, so the talk of laws and territories made me feel like I had missed something, but the point of those scenes comes across fine. We see the character Newt briefly, and she's my favorite character from the movies, so I hope there will be more of her through the arc.

message 3: by Judah (new)

Judah Radd I’m following the current run of Donny Cates’s Web Of Venom/Carnage Born stuff, Donny Cates’s new Marvel Knights series, and I’m chomping at the bit to read the new, upcoming Defenders series.

Donny Cates is the king of comics right now, hands down!!

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 242 comments Mod
Kait wrote: "I am three books away from finishing the Reading Challenge! I want to re-read Lumberjanes and Sailor Moon before I mark them "read" since I read them both multiple years ago. I also need to finish ..."

I am so interested in Vampironica! I just heard about it recently and have been meaning to check it out!

Over the weekend I went through my shelves and Comixology and made a Goodreads shelf for all the comics I own but haven't read yet - ouch! Hoping to get that down to a manageable number over the course of 2019.

This month I have slated:
Asterios Polyp
Star Wars: Vader Down
East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise
East of West, Vol. 2: We Are All One
Mera: Queen of Atlantis
and probably another volume or two of Sandman - at this point I figure I may as well just finish off the series.

Looking forward to extra time off around Christmas to lay around playing Spyro and reading comics!

message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Erin wrote: "Looking forward to extra time off around Christmas to lay around playing Spyro and reading comics! "

Have you played the Spyro remasters yet? I'm curious how it is. I remember playing the originals.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Chad wrote: "Erin wrote: "Looking forward to extra time off around Christmas to lay around playing Spyro and reading comics! "

Have you played the Spyro remasters yet? I'm curious how it is. I remember playing..."

The original game came out on my 6th birthday and it was one of my favorite games as a kid (so much so that I've probably bought 2 or 3 more copies of it as time went on and I moved/misplaced them, and probably the only reason I still have a PS1, other than Croc and the godawful Spice Girls game) and I am sooo loving the reboot!

They added in skill points so even people who have beaten the old games can find something new - but the levels are beautiful and all the dragons are unique and I cannot get enough of it. I think after all this time though Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon are not as fun as I remember them being - in my old age I like to 100% a level and move on, and in those you have to go to the next world to learn a skill you need to complete levels in your current world, which I find super annoying. But its honestly so cheap and even if you just play the first game of the trilogy it is beyond worth it!

message 7: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Erin wrote: "They added in skill points so even people who have beaten the old games can find something new - but the levels are beautiful and all the dragons are unique and I cannot get enough of it. I think after all this time though Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon are not as fun as I remember them being - in my old age I like to 100% a level and move on, and in those you have to go to the next world to learn a skill you need to complete levels in your current world, which I find super annoying. But its honestly so cheap and even if you just play the first game of the trilogy it is beyond worth it! "

I'm glad to hear you like it. I saw it was on sale for $30 at Target this week and was tempted to buy it. Hmm...

message 8: by Zander (new)

Zander (xanderwithaz) | 2 comments Mod
Always working through my never ending backlog of comics. But my reading has taken on a pretty specific theme of tabletop fantasy adjacent stories.

As recommended by both Kate and Kait, I started reading Modern Fantasy, which is definitely a lot of fun. I've also been reading through the Pathfinder comic series if only to sate my need for not having enough tabletop fantasy in my life at the moment. Currently reading Pathfinder Vol. 4: Origins.

I plan to start a re-read of Bone: The Complete Edition this month. It's one of the first comic books I remember reading and I have a lot of fond memories of it. I've been slowly collecting the reprinted colored editions, but haven't actually sat down and read the full series in years.

message 9: by Whitney (last edited Dec 03, 2018 09:12PM) (new)

Whitney | 212 comments I've been researching DC Comics (it's really hard to find the right place to start for a noob) this week, so I wasn't as productive with my reading as I should have been.

Abbott #1
Birthright Vols. 1 & 2
Crossed #53-56 + 2014 Annual
Kick-Ass 3 #1
The Walking Dead #182-185

Does anyone like to read the issues and then the trade? I must have ocd because I love reading and rating single issues, but I also want to read it in a trade because the flow is different. It gives me a sense of completion.

message 10: by KaitLphere (new)

KaitLphere | 203 comments Mod
I definitely understand your reasoning. I like following my favorite stories as they come out in issues, but I pick up so much more when I read an entire arc in a sitting or two. Collected trades will also often have forewords or back matter, which I always find interesting.

message 11: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments Whitney wrote: "I've been researching DC Comics (it's really hard to find the right place to start for a noob) this week, so I wasn't as productive with my reading as I should have been.

Abbott #1
Birthright Vols..."

Whitney, did you come to any conclusions about the best place to start with DC? I liked Final Crisis so much, that I got back into comics because of it, but I still don't get what's going on sometimes.

message 12: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Whitney wrote: "I've been researching DC Comics (it's really hard to find the right place to start for a noob) this week, so I wasn't as productive with my reading as I should have been."

I would start with some of the Rebirth titles. It was intended as a new jumping on point. If you want to go further back, Flashpoint is when they rebooted the DC universe into the New 52. If you want to go all the way back, Crisis is when they rebooted the DC universe the first time. I'm planning on doing a Crisis reread in the next couple of weeks now that DC recently released a book of the Crisis crossover issues.

I've been reading DC and Marvel comics regularly since the 80's, feel free to hit me up with any questions you have. I love talking comics. That goes for you too Christopher or anyone else in the group.

message 13: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Zander wrote: "Always working through my never ending backlog of comics. But my reading has taken on a pretty specific theme of tabletop fantasy adjacent stories.

As recommended by both Kate and Kait, I started..."

YOU SON OF A GUN. I RECOMMENDED MODERN FANTASY (after Kate recommended it to me) ON THE SHOW. DANG IT. (also v happy you're reading it)

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 212 comments Christopher wrote: "Whitney, did you come to any conclusions about the best place to start with DC? I liked Final Crisis so much, that I got back into comics because of it, but I still don't get what's going on sometimes."

I was going to start with the New 52 because I read that Rebirth has stories continued from that era. And then go further back with characters I'm more interested in. But now I'm reading that I shouldn't miss some of the past events like Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, 52, etc. So I'm looking into those. I'm really worried that I won't know what's happening.

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 212 comments Chad wrote: "I would start with some of the Rebirth titles. It was intended as a new jumping on point. If you want to go further back, Flashpoint is when they rebooted the DC universe into the New 52. If you want to go all the way back, Crisis is when they rebooted the DC universe the first time. I'm planning on doing a Crisis reread in the next couple of weeks now that DC recently released a book of the Crisis crossover issues.

I've been reading DC and Marvel comics regularly since the 80's, feel free to hit me up with any questions you have. I love talking comics. That goes for you too Christopher or anyone else in the group."

Ah, okay. I didn't know that Crisis was the first. I will definitely read Flashpoint, so I can better understand the New 52.

That would be great! I may have questions.

message 16: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments Whitney wrote: "I was going to start with the New 52 because I read that Rebirth has stories continued from that era. And then go further back with characters I'm more interested in. But now I'm reading that I shouldn't miss some of the past events like Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, 52, etc. So I'm looking into those. I'm really worried that I won't know what's happening."

I'm not real familiar with DC, but a few years back I read 52 and thought it was great. There were a lot of new characters for me. The hardcover versions that my library has (and honestly I don't know how many different ways this has been collected, if more than one) had a lot of notes from the creative team that I thought helped to fill in some of the "how we got here" and character background. Maybe others would tell you to start somewhere else, but this worked for me. I liked seeing characters other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman taking center stage.

message 17: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments 52, Vol. 1 is epic, and confusing.

As I understand it, it came after Infinite Crisis and led up to Final Crisis- it came out weekly for a year while Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, the "Trinity" were all in exile.

I think there was a four-part version which was superseded by a two-part version, although both version are still on sale.

message 18: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Whitney wrote: "Ah, okay. I didn't know that Crisis was the first. I will definitely read Flashpoint, so I can better understand the New 52."

There's a lot of crap titles at the beginning of the new 52. They actually released 52 titles. You may want to check what your library or hoopla has before you spend a lot of money. Titles I really enjoyed back then were Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Batman and Robin, Batwoman, The Flash, Justice League, Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps. I'd hold off on the GL books for a while though because GL continuity predates the New 52 and goes back a few years to the beginning of Geoff Johns's run. Johns was the architect of Flashpoint and didn't want to interrupt what he was doing on GL. DC's continuity is a clusterfuck You're probably better off not knowing what happened pre-Flashpoin, at least until you're caught up to current continuity.

message 19: by Zander (new)

Zander (xanderwithaz) | 2 comments Mod
YOU SON OF A GUN. I RECOMMENDED MODERN FANTASY (after Kate recommended it to me) ON THE SHOW. DANG IT. (also v happy you're reading it)"

Just going back to the first people I heard talk about it ;D

message 20: by Nick (new)

Nick | 39 comments Whitney wrote: "Christopher wrote: "Whitney, did you come to any conclusions about the best place to start with DC? I liked Final Crisis so much, that I got back into comics because of it, but I still don't get wh..."

The New 52 was (for better or worse) QUITE PROLIFIC in its output...which only made it that much harder for quality books to stand out and survive. Books featuring new talent and lacking first-tier characters found themselves struggling to get any sort of traction. Which is a pity, because there are some real gems that don't require deep dives into the DC Wikia to enjoy.

Animal Man by Jeff Lemire and Travel Foreman

Grayson by Tom King/Tim Seeley and Mikel Janin

Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire/Andrea Sorrentino (you can start with TPB 4, as Lemire basically undoes the previous volumes in short order)

Constantine: The Hellblazer by James Tynion IV/Ming Doyle and Riley Rossmo

All-Star Western by Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Gray and Moritat

Dial H by China Mieville and Mateus Santoluoco

I, Vampire by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Andrea Sorrentino

Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder/Charles Soule and Yanick Paquette

If, on the other hand, you ARE really trying to dive in to the messy/convoluted stuff, I can help with the Batman/JL stuff...but I'm not as well versed in the Supes dept.

message 21: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments I thought Red Hood and the Outlaws, Volume 1: Redemption (and vol. two) was a standout New 52.

Though, of course Red Hood (Jason Todd), Starfire, and Arsenal (aka Speedy) all go back to the 70s and 80s.

message 22: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Christopher wrote: "I thought Red Hood and the Outlaws, Volume 1: Redemption (and vol. two) was a standout New 52.

Though, of course Red Hood (Jason Todd), Starfire, and Arsenal (aka Speedy) all go ba..."

I thought Red Hood from the New 52 was terrible. Both runs. That's why I was surprised the Rebirth Red Hood series has been so good since it's all by Scott Lobdell.

message 23: by Nick (new)

Nick | 39 comments Chad wrote: "Christopher wrote: "I thought Red Hood and the Outlaws, Volume 1: Redemption (and vol. two) was a standout New 52.

Though, of course Red Hood (Jason Todd), Starfire, and Arsenal (a..."

While I didn't read any of it, as an outside observer, I too found it curious that Lobdell wanted to/was allowed to remain on the book, and somehow the reception changed.

The only thing that ever really drew my attention about those books was the Kenneth Rocafort art/covers. When they got him doing covers for "Bloodshot Salvation" and Matt Kindt's "X-O Manowar" run I was like "YES PLEASE."

message 24: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments I liked Red Hood New 52 so much, I also started Teen Titans, Volume 1: It's Our Right to Fight and liked that too.

But I can't find examples of what I liked about it online, so...

message 25: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Christopher wrote: "I liked Red Hood New 52 so much, I also started Teen Titans, Volume 1: It's Our Right to Fight and liked that too.

But I can't find examples of what I liked about it online, so..."

Oof. That's another New 52 series I hated. The previous Geoff John's series and even the Marv Wolfman / George Perez book is SO much better. And then all that stupid stuff with Harvest. It made no sense.

message 26: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments Chad wrote: "And then all that stupid stuff with Harvest. It made no sense. ..."

OK, I'm reading volume two now
Teen Titans, Volume 2 The Culling by Scott Lobdell

and all I can say is, it looks like Lobdell was writing a parody of a classic X-Men run, say issues 111-116.- I mean, island of the dinosaurs...?

But it seems like there was an annual left out between issue 8 and issue 9- I don't know what's up with a decision like that.

Teen Titans Annual #1 by Scott Lobdell

message 27: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Christopher wrote: "But it seems like there was an annual left out between issue 8 and issue 9- I don't know what's up with a decision like that."

The Culling was a crossover collected in a separate trade. DC did an awful job collecting crossovers during the new 52. The regular titles sometimes would literally have 4 issues occur between them in other titles. You're always better off getting the separate crossover book instead and then use the library to fill in the remaining issues.

message 28: by Christopher (last edited Dec 06, 2018 05:51PM) (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments Chad wrote: "Christopher wrote: "But it seems like there was an annual left out between issue 8 and issue 9- I don't know what's up with a decision like that."

The Culling was a crossover colle..."

Thanks for the tip, Chad. You know when you try to link from the GR listing to the Kindle store, it links to Teen Titans vol. 2.

eta:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7C5PDW/...

message 29: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments Christopher wrote: "You know when you try to link from the GR listing to the Kindle store, it links to Teen Titans vol. 2."

You should contact GR support so they can fix that. The Amazon link points to the correct book.

message 30: by Christopher (new)

Christopher (Donut) | 98 comments Yeah, and I just bought it.. Bart Allen, fka "Impulse," right?

message 31: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 212 comments Thanks so much for the info on the New 52!! It's very helpful.

I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't read much this week:

Abbott Vol. 1 --Loved the feel of this one.

Batman: Year One --This was so good! I've been a huge fan of Frank Miller since I read the Sin City books.

Birthright Vol. 3 --I'm enjoying re-reading these.

Crossed #57-61 aka Vol. 11

Kick-Ass 3 #2 & 3 --There was a Batman: Year One reference in issue 3 and I'm proud to say I understood it!

Die #1 --Really beautiful art.

Redneck #17 --The light tone has been nice and now I actually care about the characters, which may be problematic later.

message 32: by Erin (new)

Whitney wrote: "Thanks so much for the info on the New 52!! It's very helpful.."

Didn't read much this week? That's near a TP a day! :) I think you're the only person I've ever seen get that far into Crossed - I didn't even know it was that long!

Agreed on Die #1 - the art was so gorgeous! I pretty much only buy #1's to decide if I want to eventually get the TP but I might start my first pull for this book.

message 33: by Phil (new)

Phil | 169 comments I can't recall what I last put out here. I did read X-O Manowar Volume 2: General, X-O Manowar Volume 3: Emperor, Abbott, and Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days recently. The X-O books were re-reads. I picked up volumes 4 and 5 a week or two ago, so I will probably read those soon. Abbott was fantastic. Not what I was expecting at all. The Batman book I picked up on a whim. I haven't read anything from this run (although I am familiar with some of the stuff that has happened) and I still enjoyed it. The story that makes up the first half of the trade is particularly well done.

Oh and I read Birthright, Vol. 2: Call to Adventure, which was great, and Vampirella Volume 1: Crown of Worms, which was okay. I should be finishing The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story today also. I've read about half of it so far and it is more interesting than I was expecting.

message 34: by Whitney (last edited Dec 12, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

Whitney | 212 comments Erin wrote: "Whitney wrote: "Thanks so much for the info on the New 52!! It's very helpful.."

Didn't read much this week? That's near a TP a day! :) I think you're the only person I've ever seen get that far i..."

Actually, you're right. I didn't add it up. Every week I make a list of what I want to get read. This week had less check marks lol

I do the same! I read the first issue to see if I want to invest my time/money into the series. This can get out of hand though if I have lots of series I'm interested in and don't have the patience to read them one at a time.

*Edit: forgot to add. Crossed is a super easy, fast read with gore. I’m a sucker for those :D

message 35: by Francis (new)

Francis | 124 comments So far this month I've read We Stand On Guard, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 and Essex County, all from the IRCB Reading Challenge, and I'm about to start on 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank which helpfully is on that list as well as being this weeks book of the month.
I've ordered Asterios Polyp from that well known online rainforest, it was quite expensive, so I've left it till last in the vain hope it would get a big discount at some point. Once I've read that I'll have completed the challenge though, so I suppose it's worth the wait.

It's been a really beneficial experience, and it particularly helped me over the last few months which were tough personally.

I've also read Doomsday Clock (2017-) #8 and The Green Lantern (2018-) #2 in the last week.

message 36: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

I'm caught up on Uncanny X-Men... And boy is it something. I won't bore you all with a massive rant (see this week's episode for more on that).

However, Outer Darkness is absolutely incredible. Issue #2 dropped this week and I could not be more in love with a comic. It's smart-ass, Eldritch sci-fi in space. I never knew I needed such a book in my life. Super high props to Afu Chan on art duties in this books. Their pencils are STELLAR.

message 37: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Francis wrote: "So far this month I've read We Stand On Guard, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 and Essex County, all from the IRCB Reading Challenge, and I'm abou..."

I'm Really excited to read Doomsday clock when it wraps and is collected. It's big chunky super hero story that I really want to bite into (I blame Paul for getting me hooked on stuff like this). I know almost nothing about DC continuity so I'm real pumped to be utterly confused by all of it haha

message 38: by Francis (new)

Francis | 124 comments Mike wrote: "Francis wrote: "So far this month I've read We Stand On Guard, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 and Essex County, all from the IRCB Reading Challen..."

I'm really enjoying Doomsday Clock, I know there was a lot of anxiety about this book from Alan Moore acolytes, and given the place Watchmen holds in modern comics history I can acknowledge there is an argument for that concern. I like iconoclasm as an approach to comic book continuity though, and in my opinion Geoff Johns is crafting a really interesting story here.

I'm not sure how it actually fits into the DC continuity at this point though, and it's going to be interesting to see how it ties into Rebirth, and I still have questions about how it links back into the Batman / Flash crossover "The Button".

Finally when you connect up Johns and Grant Morrison's work from 'Final Crisis' through '52', 'The New 52', 'The Multiversity' and now 'Doomsday Clock', it raises the question, what are the consequences of this story on the Morrison v Moore wizard battle that Kara and Paul introduced us to on the pod?

message 39: by Nathan (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:00AM) (new)

Nathan Haines (lemonhands) | 13 comments I am so close to finishing The Hobbit that I will probably finish that before picking up another comic. But on my list to read this December for comics are the 4 part Marvel Rising comics, and also catch up on my other Unbeatable Squirrel Girl comics, as I have a small stack building up

Maybe slightly off topic, but how do people actually put the book icon into their text rather than just a link to the book?

message 40: by Francis (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:34AM) (new)

Francis | 124 comments When you 'add book/author', select the option for 'add: cover' rather than 'add: link' that's at the bottom of the box that pops up to search.

I initially used the Goodreads app and it took me ages to realise I had to do any off this on the website, I wish the app was more functional.

message 41: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Haines (lemonhands) | 13 comments Francis wrote: "When you 'add book/author', select the option for 'add: cover' rather than 'add: link' that's at the bottom of the box that pops up to search.

I initially used the Goodreads app and it took me age..."

Nice, thanks

message 42: by Chad (new)

Chad | 750 comments You can also just use the following code within your post minus the asterisk. [*bookcover:Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days|39727249]
Batman, Volume 8 Cold Days by Tom King

The number at the end is the ID that can be found in the URL of the book.
If you want a link without the cover, it's [*book:Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days|39727249].
Batman, Volume 8: Cold Days

message 43: by Wayland (new)

Wayland Smith | 263 comments Been busy, so I haven't been doing my weekly lists.

Big week this week at the LCS:

Champions 27- WeirdWorld ends, the team gets home, someone mistakes a teammate's intentions in the FINAL ISSUE... but they come back next month. I will never understand that mindset.
Avengers 11- T'Challa hosts a summit, Thor and Hulk go on a date, and Ghost Rider... is bored.
Best Defense: Doctor Strange- continuing the set up for the return of the Defenders, it's not a good future for the Sorcerer Supreme
Best Defense: Silver Surfer- Norin had some odd adventures on a foreign planet and loses something important at the end.
Fantastic Four Wedding Special- Alicia gets a night out with the girls, and Ben gets a huge surprise, plus someone shows a darker, harder side than we've seen before
Hawkman 7- the newest version of Hawkman's origin explained
Mr. and Mrs X 6- the happy couple throws a party. Of course, it goes totally smoothly...
DC New Talent Showcase- a few short stories with various big name characters and new talent
Red Sonja Holiday Special- a few fun stories
Red Sonja/Tarzan 6- the adventure concludes.
Suicide Squad 49- Rick Flag and Amanda Waller are haunted by their pasts.
Uncanny X-Men 5- X-Man and his Acolytes are up to some surprising levels of seriously bad stuff.
Unstoppable Wasp 3- Nadia and company deal with a surprise attack
Weapon X 27- the team escapes Hell but one of them is changed. This one, too, is a final issue but also comes back next month.
Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist-mostly about the villain, which, if I'd known going in, I wouldn't have bought.
Lone Ranger 3- the land grab in Old Texas continues.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 3- Jonah and the bots try and handle the latest weirdness from Kinga and Max.

message 44: by Stephanie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 07:12PM) (new)

Stephanie | 41 comments I'm officially caught up on the She-Hulk run by Mariko Tamaki and for the most part I loved it! The second volume didn't quite work for me, but the trauma and recovery that was so intrinsic in the first and third volume was pretty great. I also really adored the end issue with She-Hulk and Hellcat as chaperones for a prom. so cute!

This afternoon I read the first issue of DIE and I enjoyed it, and am intrigued to see where this goes. It was very melodramatic at moments, but in ways that worked, especially with the artwork.

I also caught up on West Coast....wait nope. I'm halfway through West Coast Avengers. I forgot that my afternoon got away with me thanks to waiting for a phone call + trying to organize addresses so we can send out holiday cards. ugh. december.

My LCS hooked me up with a GORGEOUS tiny book of artwork by Jenn Woodall called GIRLS. Have I mentioned it's gorgeous? I flipped through it once, fell in love with almost every single piece (especially the Love & Justice Sailor Moon image which you can find on her pinned tweet on her twitter! https://twitter.com/jenn_woodall/stat...)
IT'S SO GOOD THIS TINY BOOK OF ART and I may have contacted my LCS to order more copies, because this is the PERFECT gift for so, so many of my friends.

I want to catch up on Unstoppable Wasp and Crowded this month, and maybe Lumberjanes and Wonder Woman (though wonder woman has left me SO far behind at this point, uggghhhh)

message 45: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (devonmm) | 117 comments Hello i finally verified my email so expect to see me here alot lol

message 46: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Devon wrote: "Hello i finally verified my email so expect to see me here alot lol"

Huzzah!!!

message 47: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (devonmm) | 117 comments So what i am currently reading through is Five Ghosts Vol 3, Violent Love Vol 2, Colder Vol 1, The Umbrella Academy Vol 1, Grindhouse: Doors Open At Midnight Vol 2, No Mercy Vol 2, Clean Room Vol 3, Unfollow Vol 3, Ghosted Vol 4 and Birthright Vol 4, The Revisionist and Squarriors Vol 1. And soon i will be starting Lazaretto and Abbott

message 48: by Devon (new)

Devon Munn (devonmm) | 117 comments Oh and i forgot i was also reading Vol 3 of They're Not Like Us. Really enjoying it

message 49: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 212 comments I upped the reading this week:

Crossed #62-93 aka Vols. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 I'm glad 17 is the last trade in Vol. 4: Badlands. This is turning into crap.

The Incredible Hulk Masterworks Vol. 1

Kick-Ass 3 #4-8

Prodigy #1 This was really fun and I can't wait for the next one.

message 50: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 212 comments Stephanie wrote: "I'm officially caught up on the She-Hulk run by Mariko Tamaki and for the most part I loved it! The second volume didn't quite work for me, but the trauma and recovery that was so i..."

I'm really interested in She-Hulk. I'm very happy to hear it's good!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.