Hugo & Nebula Awards: Best Novels discussion

Camouflage
This topic is about Camouflage
Monthly Reading: Discussion > December 2018 "Camouflage" Discussion <No Spoilers>

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Art | 2551 comments Mod
Group Read #22

message 2: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kateblue | 3782 comments Mod
Wow! Good! Hurry up you guys

message 3: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Art | 2551 comments Mod
Kateblue wrote: "Wow! Good! Hurry up you guys"

Unfortunately I've started on The Diamond Age first, so it will take me a while.

message 4: by Oleksandr, a.k.a. Acorn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oleksandr Zholud | 3730 comments Mod
I've read it a bit earlier, so I'll jump in to the spoilers thread, saying here that this was my first book by Joe Haldeman and I hope not the last, because his writing style is very good

Allan Phillips | 2097 comments Mod
I cheated and read Camouflage in November when I had a break. It was a quick read that I enjoyed, but it was not what I expected nor quite as good as I hoped. Still good though.

message 6: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new) - rated it 4 stars

So Allen, come over to the "spoilers" thread and lets chat

message 7: by Bryan, Village Idiot (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bryan | 481 comments Mod
When I read the summary of the book, I got the impression it would be a light hearted adventure about self discovery. I'm about half way through the book and...I was wrong.

Not that this bothers me, I am enjoying this book very much. I knocked half of it out yesterday and I don't see that enthusiasm petering out anytime soon.

Allan Phillips | 2097 comments Mod
It was a pretty quick read

message 9: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (new) - rated it 4 stars

yes it was quick, but fun

message 10: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon | 10 comments Close to the halfway mark and I'm enjoying it more than I expected although I have one minor quibble. It is a fast read which makes me like it even more.

message 11: by Art, Stay home, stay safe. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Art | 2551 comments Mod
Starting on this in a couple of days, I've realised that with all my recent slacking I am one book behind on my yearly challenge. Time to hit those half-way-through titles I've got on kindle.
Luckily everyone seems to agree that Camouflage is a quick read, so maybe I'll even manage to read an extra novel before the end of the year.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joe Haldeman (other topics)