Book Club for Introverts discussion

Nine Perfect Strangers
This topic is about Nine Perfect Strangers
Nine Perfect Strangers > Chapters 54-59

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Here's the place to talk about chapters 54-59. Please don't spoil it for others; if you want to talk about something in a later chapter, I'll be posting topics for the other chapters as well.

deana everett | 124 comments I love that Tony thinks he can jump up and get the package. He's so typical of an aged jock. I had to youtube Australian Rules Football so that I could understand all the energetic jumping around. Masha cracks me up "Why are they not building a simple human pyramid?" I'm not sure I'd ever think of that. Throwing something at the package would have been my first thought. She is losing it, I think. I'm afraid she may not ever let them out and now that she's incapacitated Yao, I'm really getting worried.

Myra | 48 comments I am starting to get as frustrated here as the characters are. it's getting more and more outlandish.

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
At this point, I'm thinking that Masha really is unhinged and becoming more so by the minute.

I also know that I would probably be in the corner at this point. I get claustrophobic and this situation is giving me anxiety. They are holding themselves together relatively well given the situation.

Alyx Hatton | 30 comments Masha is completely unhinged. I had SO much hope that Yao would let them out, and for whatever reason I’m surprised that Masha would drug him to prevent him from doing so.

It seems she’s just so vengeful because of the hand that she was dealt, she definitely doesn’t have everyone’s best interest at heart. I’m almost certain that someone is going to die now.

Rebecca Hunt maples | 22 comments Masha is freaking crazy and I can’t believe no one is having a breakdown at this point. I’m not sure what it’s going to take for Masha to let them out. I hope Yao is able to rescue them or maybe Delilah will call the police or something.

Deborah (debh56) | 63 comments Ditto, Jennifer. I feel claustrophobic just reading about being locked in a room. Masha is nuts. She’s so narcissistic that she’s lost touch with reality.

Myra | 48 comments Yes, this is all getting very strange!

Kristin (kdarby) | 20 comments I'm not sure if I'm liking the book at this point. Masha just seems like a crazy psychopath. This book is a bit stranger than I had anticipated...

Many of the main characters I am still liking. Zoe has made a lot of progress on dealing with her grief; it makes me proud of her! Her parents are strangely silent after the big anti-drugs outburst... And I keep hoping Yao will get fed up with Masha's games!