Book Club for Introverts discussion

Nine Perfect Strangers
This topic is about Nine Perfect Strangers
Nine Perfect Strangers > Chapters 48-53

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 30, 2018 04:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Here's the place to talk about chapters 48-53. Please don't spoil it for others; if you want to talk about something in a later chapter, I'll be posting topics for the other chapters as well.

deana everett | 124 comments Zoe may have made more progress than anyone. I still don't see my mom as "just a girl: a girl like her (me) who made mistakes, who screwed things up, who was just making it all up as she went along." My mom is still a perfect mom and I'm still an imposter. I hope my 21 year old daughter doesn't figure me out so soon. I love that she knows that Zach is with her and that "just because he chose death didn't mean Zoe couldn't choose life." I feel badly for Ben. He's such a sweet guy who's realized his marriage is probably over. And, Jessica is crazy. I don't believe she's pregnant. Frances and Tony are so cute. I love both of them and hope the end up together--although it's a little predictable. Delilah is hilarious and I probably would have left too. I don't think I would have stolen a car and I definitely would have called the police anonymously but I think I would have left at that point as well.

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Zoe's journey has been my favorite.

Jessica is the only character I don't feel much for. Money brought out the worst in her but even now, "enlightened", she's still pretty shallow. I do feel sorry for Ben and I hope he finds his way after this.

Rebecca Hunt maples | 22 comments I dislike Jessica too! When she first started talking about wanting to get pregnant I was thinking “sweet she just wants to be a mom”. But then she talked about her grand Instagram plans for her pregnancy and I wanted to scream! Can any be more shallow than that?

Alyx Hatton | 30 comments Yeah I’m not fond of Jessica either. I’m trying to like Tony after his story but I can’t, I just don’t like him.

Anyone else silently yell “Go Delilah!” When she took off?

I’m concerned for all of them, though, that Masha is so unstable and refusing to let them out.

Deborah (debh56) | 63 comments I don’t like Jessica either. She’s too self-absorbed. I’m concerned that something will go terribly wrong before Masha admits defeat and unlocks the door.

Kristin (kdarby) | 20 comments I'm also on the not-too-fond of Jessica train. I think she's lying about being pregnant to keep Ben around. I feel bad for him because he just wants things to go back to the way things were before, and Jessica is too caught up in being rich.

I hope they get let out soon! This is starting to feel a little insane.