Book Club for Introverts discussion

Nine Perfect Strangers
This topic is about Nine Perfect Strangers
Nine Perfect Strangers > Chapters 42-47

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Here's the place to talk about chapters 42-47. Please don't spoil it for others; if you want to talk about something in a later chapter, I'll be posting topics for the other chapters as well.

deana everett | 124 comments I love that Zoe read Frances’ book and that she told her she loved it. Carmel and Heather fight but are still ultimately nice to each other. Interesting to me that all of these people are basically nice and try to work together to get out of the situation rather than turning on each other. I love the Zoe and Heather transformations. They appear to have come through the fire and are better for it. My heart breaks for Napoleon. He’s so angry-justifiably, but can he get over it? Jessica and Ben feel over somehow—-I don’t think she’s pregnant. I agree with Carmel that Masha is trying to complete their transformations by locking them in and will try to guide them to freedom.

Alyx Hatton | 30 comments Interesting, why don’t you feel that Jessica is pregnant? I think she’s telling the truth.

I love that moment between Zoe and Frances, it’s very sweet and genuine.

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Alyx wrote: "Interesting, why don’t you feel that Jessica is pregnant? I think she’s telling the truth.

I love that moment between Zoe and Frances, it’s very sweet and genuine."

For me, Jessica just comes across so superficial that pregnancy would be the last thing on her list - planned or unplanned.

I go back and forth on who is my favorite but Frances is always near the top of my list. Out of all of them, I would most like to meet her and Heather in real life.

Deborah (debh56) | 63 comments Drugs and being locked in a room. Yikes! That’s crazy. I still like the bonding between Frances and Zoe. If I had a daughter, I think she’d be similar to Zoe.

Kristin (kdarby) | 20 comments I don't think Jessica would lie about being pregnant, but I'm curious if she'll reverse any of her procedures for Ben.

I'm glad Zoe was able to make up with Zach and feel some peace. I wonder how things will progress with this family as they continue to heal from Zach's death.