Book Club for Introverts discussion

Nine Perfect Strangers
This topic is about Nine Perfect Strangers
Nine Perfect Strangers > Chapters 30-35

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Here's the place to talk about chapters 30-35. Please don't spoil it for others; if you want to talk about something in a later chapter, I'll be posting topics for the other chapters as well.

deana everett | 124 comments I was surprised that Masha was so affected by finding out that Zach hung himself. I wonder if someone she loves hung themselves?

I did not expect the drugging. LSD, mushrooms and ecstasy-WOW! The reactions to being drugged and without consent are not unexpected from any guest. I LOVE Frances and Lars.

I'm glad Zoe and Zach were actually close and that she has conversations with him in her head.

I LOVE Frances' trip. It's perfect. She's maybe listening to good advise from Gillian (herself) about her writing, relationships and what really matters.

I was not surprised and frankly a little disappointed in Tony's trip. Although, it's probably about right. He's a simple man with simple problems. Of course he would kick them through a goal post while is trusted dog stands by.

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 07, 2018 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lars’ LSD trip was hilarious. And when he thought that Jessica was reading his mind I actually LOL’d.

I listened to a podcast where the hosts did LSD microdosing for a week. One of them loved it and one of them hated it like Heather did.

Frances continues to be funny and I thought her trip was so “her”.

Rebecca Hunt maples | 22 comments I can’t believe they are drugged! I can’t see how that won’t come back to bite Masha in the butt, especially with Heather. Not sure if secretly drugging everyone is the best therapy but at least is is allowing them to face their problems. It doesn’t seem like Yao is liking this part too much.

Alyx Hatton | 30 comments Welp, didn’t see that coming! 😆

I didn't see it coming either! Something was certainly off and the further Zoe went, the more I started to wonder. Leave it to her mom to figure out that they were drugged. Moms ALWAYS know. ;)

Deborah (debh56) | 63 comments Didn’t expect the drugs at all. How does Masha get away with that unless she blackmails her guests in some way? I still love Zoe. She’s learning to speak her mind.

Kristin (kdarby) | 20 comments I am wondering if Heather will come around if the LSD helps her grieve her son's death? I'm not sure I'd be happy to find out that I'm secretly being drugged either, but this was a fun group of chapters to read.

I would be so upset about being drugged but I agree, their “trips” were interesting to read. It makes me wonder how the author did that research 🤔😂

Kristin (kdarby) | 20 comments Jennifer, that's a hilarious thought!

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ deana everett wrote: "I was surprised that Masha was so affected by finding out that Zach hung himself. I wonder if someone she loves hung themselves?

I did not expect the drugging. LSD, mushrooms and ecstasy-WOW! The ..."

I did not expect that either and it made me furious. I took Liane Moriarty off my favorite writers list due to this. It seemed to me that she was encouraging this type of thing. Did you get that impression also?